Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Trucking Along to VTT

My visit with Coloradolady and her Vintage Thingie Thursday is a little different today. You will find many vintage things of interest at http://coloradolady.blogspot. Visit and enjoy what the other participates share.



Back in the fall of 2010, two sisters, Ann "Tin and Sparkle" and Debra "Paint Splash" featured a vintage truck roadshow on VTT. They took these 1950 model trucks and decorated them.



This is the one that really caught my interest. They used a deer hunting theme. My son is an avid hunter and I felt he would like this.

Due to the interest in these trucks, they decided to have a giveaway of one of them. Unfortunately, when the name was drawn from the bed of this blue truck, my name did not come up. I was sorry I did not win, but I am sure it made someone else very happy.

Then along came Christmas, and they had another "Christmas Vintage Truck Roadshow. There was no giveaway on this one.

On Tuesday, January 4, 2011 these two great blogging friends really surprised me. The door bell rang and the postman left a big box. Never had any idea what I was getting. I could not believe my eyes when I opened it and saw this truck. I had already given up on the little trucks. What was amazing, it was the little blue truck that held the names for the drawing, that I did not win.

I will find my own personal use for it. My son will not get this one after all. I will never be as capable at decorating it like and Ann and Debra. Nevertheless, it will be put to good use.

Look at that little tire.

The front end.

The back view.


Thanks once again Ann and Debra for this special surprise. That is is the best gift of all, one you least expect. I love it.

34 comments:

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Oh your write up is so sweet. Thanks and glad you will enjoy it!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh LV Sweetie...
That little blue truck couldn't have gone to a better home. I can't wait to see what you put in it. Maybe it will hold your Valentines. That holiday is coming.

Congrats on the precious treasure sweet one. I am so tickled PINK for you.

Many hugs to you and SO much love, Sherry

Kilauea Poetry said...

Hello there..nice to meet you! I'm happy you won! My husband's done some hunting, but not for awhile.
That quilt below is terrific! I have a friend who does that. Amazing work!
Well stop by anytime-
My best,
Regina

Rebecca said...

You'll come up with something fun to do with it-I did two trucks in that party and had the best time doing it-can't wait to see what you come up with!

Postcardy said...

I* am sure you will have a lot of fun with your truck.

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

LOVE your vintage trucks and how you can use them for so many holidays!

~Chris

Unknown said...

What a beauty, LV ... dying to see what you do with this blue baby!

Have a lovely winters eve ~
TTFN ~
Hugs, Marydon

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

What a nice suprise! I have faith that you will put it to good use!

George said...

What wonderful friends you have. I'm sure you will find a good use for that truck.

Renee said...

So sweet! Love that little truck...now where's my matchbox collection?

Paulette said...

What a sweet gift! Enjoy that cute little truck!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh how neat, LV.... Can't wait to see what you do it... Knowing you, you will decorate it every season... Be sure and post your new truck again ---once you decide how to decorate it!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

genie said...

This is just the cutest post, and your commentary/ story so interesting. You are a verity lucky gal.

Honey at 2805 said...

This is such a nice story and what a sweet truck! Adorable.

Shirl said...

Hi, I'm still making my Pink Saturday visits, thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Love your post this week. What adorable vintage trucks.
Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Jocelyn said...

What a great little truck! Enjoy it.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is so cool! I hope you post what you do with it so we can see it!

Vintagesouthernlife said...

What thoughtful friends! I can't wait to see how you decorate it.

Maureen said...

What a wonderful surprise!

xinex said...

What a nice vintage truck! Congrats on winning, LV!..Christine

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

What sweet friends and a great little truck! I think it's true that the nicest people have the nicest friends. Enjoy decorating!

Icy BC said...

Oh those are very nice looking trucks. Love that blue truck, LV!

Unknown said...

So sweet!! I love those old toy trucks. They remind me of my brother who was ALL boy and LOVED his trucks :)

Blessings!
Gail

Ann said...

Oh LV--what a sweet post. I'm close to tears, it meant so much to us to do this for you. You are an inspiration. I can't wait also to see how you feature it later on. Happy VTT.
Hugs
Ann

Pam said...

I am so glad you received the little blue truck. I'm sure you will come up with a very creative way to use the truck in your decorating.

Denise said...

How fun. What a great surprise. AND . .. what a clever idea. I'm going to look for my own vintage toy truck.

Unknown said...

LV how wonderful. They are sure sweet girls. I follow them both. As for my bed warmer, I had never seen one of those either. When I visited my grandparents in the country we used bricks too. That was in the 40's and 50's. LOL. I loved your post today.
QMM

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, LV! That is SO sweet. I am thrilled that they did this for you. And that truck is as cute as can be. Can't wait to see how you decorate it. I think the truck is very happy to be with you! I can see its little grill smiling, can't you???

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Oh LV, this post made me a bit teary! You're such a sweetie and so beloved here in blogland, I'm so happy for you. What wonderful friends you have made. AND I love your truck. :)

Happy VTT,
Sally

P.S. Thanks so much for letting me know about Suzanne - I love to hear that there are families online.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

LV,
What a wonderful surprise for you! The generosity of bloggers never ceases to amaze me! What a wonderful heartfelt gesture for you, a very caring person!

Hugs,
Debbie

Jeanne said...

I just adore the truck and the girls who gave it to you. How fun and I agree the surprise part is priceless. You will have to share when you decide what to do with it. BIG smile.
Hugs, Jeanne

Coloradolady said...

I love that truck, and it could be decorated so cute!! Lucky girl I say. Happy VTT!

Naomi said...

Cool trucks! Hi!

Pam Kessler said...

That was so sweet of them. I do remember that giveaway and their decorated trucks. Very cute.