Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday: Vintage Family Treasures

This is a three piece vanity dresser set. Two individual boxes for powder or trinkets with a tray. It belonged to my mother. During her life time, this was something to be proud of.

A vintage Prince Matchabelli perfume bottle. Someone gave me this in the 1950's. It is a lovely blue, crown shaped, enameled bottle. Very good condition. It has a glass, cross stopper. It is marked on the bottom: Prince Matchabelli, Inc. "Beloved" perfume imported from France, Net 1/2 fl.oz. Distributor - New York.

I have no idea why I kept this bottle. Glad I did in order to share it with you. However, the pictures are not as good as I would have liked. Trust they will improve after I buy a digital camera.

Be sure to visit all the other participants for Vintage Thingie Thursday at Coloradolady's Blog. There are lots of great vintage items on display there for you to enjoy. It is a fun day out of the week.

19 comments:

Ruby said...

Neat dresser tray and set. The perfume bottle is lovely. Ruby

Sarah said...

What lovely offerings you have for VTT today. Very pretty perfume bottle. The container in your celluloid vanity set with the hole in the lid is actually a hair receiver. My mother had a set like this that probably had belonged to my grandmother.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Love your dresser set, my Granny had a set like them and the bottle is sooooo pretty.
Thanks for sharing.
Molly

Coloradolady said...

Both of these are great items. I love the dresser tray and the perfume bottle is so cute! I bet you are glad you saved this one!! Have a great VTT.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

that is lovely tray you have and I like your perfume bottle a lot.. so unique.. never see one in that shape.. thanks for sharing and happy VTT

Shannon @ Silver Trappings said...

Great dresser set. And I LOVE that blue crown perfume bottle! I love anything that looks like a crown!

Shannon

Amy said...

Is the first set bakelite by any chance? i love the perfume bottle :-)

ALISHA said...

pretty bottle!! :)

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh honey, BOTH those items are STILL to be valued!!! Lovely.

Marie Reed said...

It'll be a blast to buy a digital camera but the quality of these pictures is just wonderful too! No worries:)

Your dressing table is adorned with the prettiest things! Happy VTT!

Ulla said...

Lovely dresser set!

jeanne said...

Your dresser set is very collectible and it is a treasure from your mom. I love the perfume bottle. You were thinking right when you saved that bottle. When I think of the bottles I tossed, I cringe. sigh.

Hugs...Jeanne

Donna said...

Sweet thingy's! Glad to see you are still posting!

Susan said...

Ah, Prince Matchabelli was one of my mother's favorites. She loved her perfume and I remember her bottles fondly as does my daughter who inherited her grandmother's love of scents. Your dresser scarf looks lovely too.

Anonymous said...

Oh what a lovely perfume decanter. My mother liked that scent as well and also White Shoulders.
Perfume bottles on a vanity are so special. It's the little things, isn't it?

I'm so happy you're here this Thursday!

Stephanie said...

oh i LOVE the bottle... its perfectly wonderful - that's why you kept it! :) :) :)

Tikimama said...

Beautiful things! I'm so glad you kept them to share with us!

Virginia said...

Those are neat pieces!

Unknown said...

I love that cellulose dresser set! Very collectible.