Sunday, May 3, 2009

BLUE MONDAYS: Mondays with Layton

Welcome to Blue Monday hosted by Smiling Sally. This is my first Blue Monday post. I would like to introduce you to someone special. He looks so cute in his blue pants and shirt. Also, notice the blue in the painting behind him.

This is Layton, my precious great grandson. He is 4 1/2 years old, but thinks and acts like a "little man".

Mondays is the day we share (just the two of us) special time together. We have a lot of fun and laughs. Once I cooked him biscuits for breakfast. He told me they were too CRISP. A sweeter way of saying they were hard. For a snack, we had nachos with peppers (not hot). Stated he did not like peppers. I told him guess I should have asked first. His reply, "Yes, MEME, you should always ask first". There is a big gap between 4 1/2 and 79. So, how would I know.

He goes to mothers day out twice a week. He is so smart for his age. At least I think so. He can quote several bible verses, and uses sign language at the same time. That is something I certainly cannot do.

What a delightful way to start your BLOG week - visiting Mondays with Layton.

Be sure to visit Smiling Sally's blog and see all the other Blue Monday participants.

18 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Well he's not only smart he is cute also.
Thanks for sharing him with us.
Molly

Patsy said...

Very cute---he is really a sweet little fella and smart too---his mom has really done a good job teaching him.

Coloradolady said...

Happy Blue Monday! What a sweet post about your sweet little man!! Have a great day!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

he's a cutie! Happy Blue Monday ~ Susan

Bridget said...

He is adorable and sounds like a lot of fun to have around! Enjoy your special time together! What a treat for both of you.

Fifi Flowers said...

VERY CUTE!

SmilingSally said...

What a handsome young man he is, and smart too! Thanks for sharing. Happy 1st Blue Monday.

Anonymous said...

So cute!

Knitty said...

What a wonderful way to spend your Mondays!

Valerie said...

Welcome to Blue Mondays! What an enjoyable way to start your weeks. I too have a 4 and a half year old...I find them delightful! (Although how I have lived my 40-years without her constant "correction" (LOL) is beyond me!

Feel free to drop by and take a peek at my two beautiful blessings!

Valerie

Barb said...

Hi LaVoice, your grandson is tooooo cute!!

Happy Blue Monday.

Barb

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a cute little boy! My Daddy's name was Layton and my oldest grandson's middle name is Layton; named after his great-grandfather of course. I love little boys! Of course, I had three of my own and now I have four grandsons to add to the lot. Great fun! Happy Blue Monday!

Blessings,
Sandi

Gie's Tidbits said...

he's so cute.
happy blue Monday.

Hank - Joyce said...

A nice way to start a week. have fun.

Terry said...

Happy blue Monday .
What a wonderful way to start the week .
Your little feller is so adorable and sounds smart as a whip !
Thank you for sharing.
Blessings to you and yours.

farmlady said...

Kids sure do speak their minds these days, don't they? He's a good looking little boy. Enjoy him while he's young.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

No wonder you look so forward to Mondays! Such a good looking younger man that comes calling on you!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Musings of A Minister said...

Now that's one smart, cute fellow! I would have liked your biscuits.