Friday, May 8, 2009

Special Mothers Day

WISHING EACH AND EVERYONE A MOST HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

Mothers Day being this weekend, I would like to share some of my past special days with you.

One of the most beautiful gifts I received was a Bougainvillea plant from my son. This is a terrible picture, but all I had at the time. It does not do it justice or show it's true beauty. It was breathtaking last year.

It needed protection for the winter. It had been planted in a pot, and the roots had grown into the ground. To move it, would have killed it. Therefore, I chose to wrap it in burlap, which should work. Regretfully, it did not. It provided me with beauty and pleasure while it lasted.

Another Mothers Day, my granddaughter gave me this lovely yellow rose. It blooms each year with just one rose. It smells so good, and I love it. Do not recall its proper name. I call it my "Yellow Rose of Texas".


A few years ago, my niece gave me a miniature rose bush. After planting, it did good for a few days. Next thing I knew, it was going to glory. All the leaves fell off, the stems dry and brittle.

I was going to pull it up, but some reason put it off. Weeks later, when cleaning flower beds, low and behold, there was a green shoot coming from that little dead plant.

I still to this day, do not understand how this plant revived. It truly appeared dead. From that day forward, it has bloomed faithfully. I have named it "Resurrection Rose".

9 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Love your resurrection rose story. Obviously there was still life in those roots!!!!

Patsy said...

The resurrection rose ( good name for it) is truly amazing ---I know we marvel at it every year--all of your flowers are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day. What beauitful flowers!

JAS-- said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, as well. I love your pictures and the memories that go with them. You have a very blessed garden!

Coloradolady said...

Love your roses, thank goodness the rose bush made it, and I am glad you are able to enjoy it every spring. Happy Mother's Day!

farmlady said...

What lovely roses with such wonderful memories. Maybe the rose bush that almost died was given a second chance because it really wanted to live in your garden. How beautiful it is now.

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

What beautiful flowers... and lovely Mother's Day memories. Thanks for sharing!

Sweeti said...

I think your name for this rose is perfect! It's really a gorgeous rose also.

Carie said...

Meme there is only one amazing you and that's why my little yellow rose bush only blooms one rose!!! I love you dearly, no rose or words can ever express that enough! You are a blessing from God to me in so many ways!

Happy Mothers Day....I love you,
Carie