Monday, May 18, 2009

MONDAY'S with LAYTON

"Blue Mondays" was to have been my feature for today. Maybe, it will be next week.

I received my first digital camera for Mothers Day. Since my understanding mode is on the blink, I have not learned the process. It takes some old dogs longer to learn new tricks. However, I will master it.


Trust you will enjoy another chapter in Monday's with Layton.

When leaving after my visit, we take a drive around the neighborhood. We are getting ready to depart. Notice his litle hands on the wheel. He sits in my lap and holds the steering wheel. He does real well guiding it straight and making the right turns. Of course, I am driving real slow. He knows what the road signs mean and informs me what I should do.


Returning and waiting for parents appraisal. He loves it!

A tender moment of accomplishment.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

Patsy said...

He'll be driving before he starts to school---won't be long until he can drive us around. Really cute.

Coloradolady said...

I know you are making memories that will carry Layton into adulthood.

I have to give you a lot of credit where credit is due...you have become someone special to Layton because you cared enough to be a part of his life. It is too bad all grandparents can not be that to their grandchildren. Cute post.

Bo said...

Hi there...aren't grandsons just the best! Layton is so cute...I know you must treasure the hours you get to spend with him. Congrats on getting the camera...I still haven't learned all of the tricks of ours...I just point & shoot... ;-) Bo

Vintagesquirrel said...

Hi Sweetie,

Thanks for visiting my blog. I have recently visited yours as well. Your adorable grandson is lucky to have you in his life. (and vice versa, I'm sure.)
I hope we'll be running into one another in the blogosphere, real soon.
-Michelle

Unknown said...

I love this last photo. I am going to subscribe to your blog and add you to my "List of Blog Favorites". Should you want to do the same to stay connected more frequently, please do!

Carie said...

Layton looks forward to his Meme's visits...He checks on her everyday and thinks he needs to know her where abouts at all times! I am so Thankful God has has given my son the time with one of the most precious and special people in my life! They truly share a special bond that brings you back to what life is all about (making the time to spend with those we hold close to our hearts and tell them how much we love them each and every day! Layton treasures you Meme and Loves you dearly! As do I!!