Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Secret Santa Arrived









The past few years I have entered Coloradolady's Secret Santa Soiree.  It is a lot of fun and anticipation of what your Secret Santa will send you. Poor Santa and his reindeer nearly got too hot delivering the package.  Texas is not experiencing winter weather.

 Here they all making the final touches.  (This is the card Melinda sent) Very fitting.

  
My Secret Santa was Melinda Fulkerson from http://melinful.blogspot.com. Thank you Melinda for being so generous.  This lady is so talented and creative. If you have not visited  her blog, you are missing out  She has some of the most beautiful hand and quilt work ever. Here she is with Santa making sure he has everything packed and ready to deliver her package.

She wrapped each of my gifts in pretty fabric  I thought that was such a different and neat idea.  When I opened the packages, I understood her reason in doing as shown below.



A cute little chicken pin cushion.





Pretty little bag to keep your quilting tools all in one place.

This is 42 squares,44/45" wide, of the cutest Lil' Rascals fabric. 




I have  had a lot of calendars, but never one like this.  So unique and different.  Each month has a sewing machine in different colors.






When you are quilter, nothing is thrown away.  These are strips of fabrics she used to tie my packages.

Melinda, thank you again for this lovely package filled with wonderful goodies.  I can vision a child's quilt being made from this special fabric.


10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my goodness, such beautiful abundance!!!! This lady is beyond generous

Annie Jeffries said...

What a tidal wave of goodness. I haven't done a Secret Santa in years. It would be fun to do it again sometime.

dlw said...

wow, that's quite a haul! and from a fellow blogger yet! have you two ever actually met?
debra

Terry said...

Howdy LV
What sweet blessings wrapped with love and joy .
I am so happy Santa made it your way in spite of our Texas heat wave !
Been thinking of you sweet friend and wishing you lots of Christmas blessings and a very special New Year !
Hugs coming your way .
Until we meet again
Happy Trails

Melinda said...

Glad you liked your gifts. It was fun putting the package together for you.

George said...

You've obviously been very good this year. You got some wonderful presents from your Secret Santa.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

What a creative lady... Reminds me of my Colorado friend who is a quilter....

Bet you can find someone to make a child's quilt from all of those goodies...

Hugs,
Betsy

Janice Kay Schaub said...

Although I have had that same experience mine was not so bad. I was closer and heard the first pop so I got mine just before the explosion.
What a smell though,
sympathy...........phew!!!!
Janice

Jocelyn said...

what a lovely SS gift. i didn't think you were a quilter. the gifts this year are so generous.

Denise Marie said...

Wow, she really made the unwrapping fun!!