Saturday, June 4, 2011

First,Fifth,Forever


Coloradolady is the hostess for these special birthday wishes. You should make her aware of anyone you would like to receive a card. I realize times are hard, but one dollar can make a senior feel like a million.


This is definitely a worthwhile program that needs more attention. If you live to be a senior, you will understand how important just a simple card can mean. I have been sending them each month. I am sharing with you one of the ladies I sent a card to that is a complete stranger. I could have retyped her letter, but felt it better to leave as she wrote it. You can click on it and read easier.(I hope)
It was very heart warming to think I made a difference in this lady's birthday.

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh how wonderful, what a difference you made in her day! Especially since she is deaf, so reading means so much more to her.

Screaming Sardine said...

Thanks so much for sharing this, LV. This is so touching. I'll be checking out this program to see how I can become involved.

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

Bethe77 said...

LV that so touched my ehart . Thank you for sharing. Yes! We can make a difference in such small ways that are truly HUGE an dyou surely are one of them.
Blessings

Ruth Hiebert said...

This shows me that no matter how small or simple a kindness is,it makes a huge difference in another persons life. I do need to remember this and follow through.

Dorothy said...

You are areal sweetheart!

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi LV, what a sweet thing to do..you are indeed a special lady..have a wonderful weekend!

Barb

Southhamsdarling said...

What a wonderful idea, and such a lovely thing to do. I can imagine how pleased the recipient would be to receive their card. Hope all is well with you over there in your little corner of the world LV!

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

What a wonderful idea! It sounds like you really made her day! Hope all that sweetness comes right back to you!

RachelD said...

What a lovely thing, this caring-chain---I know the recipients are as blessed as the senders. And this could be the beginning of a wonderful friendship---some of my dearest friends are "paper" or "online" friends, for we've shared much and cared more.

This made me smile for the GOOD of it.

rachel

Eileen said...

How wonderful! This is a lovely idea. And how great that you were able to make such a difference with something so simple. Everyone needs to know they are thought of.

Annesphamily said...

You have such a beautiful heart! Thank you for being so kind. I need to be better prepared. I will stop by and visit Suzanne right after I finish visiting you! I had good intentions because I have a stack of birthday cards to send out!
Often just a simple kindness helps someone who otherwise would feel sad too! Anne

Olivia said...

Awwwww! You are for sure a sweetie! Thank you so much for stopping by to say hi, you always make me smile.
Hugs,
Olivia