Friday, July 3, 2009

Fourth of July

I know today is not the Fourth. I figured a lot of viewers would not be on a computer reading blogs, so I am a day early.


While visiting a little gift mall, I saw these neat little patriotic displays. Enjoy my American showcase.






I thought this would be a great tribute to Coloradolady"s little "darling" Sophie. However, I can assure you she is worth a lot more than $30 to Coloradolady.




This is a bread premium flog sticker/card. Thought it represented our Independence Day, July 4th. This is not from the mall. It belongs to me. Do not why I have it.

These type stickers were placed as premiums in loaves of bread in the 1970's around the time of the country's Bicentennial celebration. It measures 2-1/2" x3".

It is marked on the back:

(c)1976 National Flag Foundation
Printed Specially For
Quality Bakery of America, N.Y.,N.Y.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO ONE AND ALL. MAY OUR FLAG ALWAYS FLY HIGH.

6 comments:

SmilingSally said...

How darling are these pictures! Did you buy the dachshund for Suzanne?

BTW: I plan to post for the 4th.

Coloradolady said...

I want that dog.....where in the world did you see that???

ItaJeff said...

Happy Fourth July..

Have a nice weekend

Lots of luv,
Ita

L. Neusiedler said...

best wishes for this day!

Just Me said...

Happy Pink Saturday and Happy 4th! Welcome!

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

WELCOME TO PINK SATURDAY AND HAPPY 4TH JULY!!
Enjoyed your post so much! I will be looking forward to reading your nest one, too!
Jil