Sunday, July 26, 2009

Blue Monday



Should you be having a down and out Blue Monday skip over to Smiling Sally's and she will put a smile on your face. She is the hostess of this great post and as well as other interesting topics. She has a lot of friends, but one more never hurts. Take time out and give her a visit.



This lovely little box was given to me my son and his wife several years ago. I am sure it was intended for me to use it as a jewelry or trinket box. Since I do not always do as I should, I have it hanging on the wall in my bathroom. I think it looks nice as a wall enhancement.



This is old, long dresser scarf. I folded the ends in to show the blue embroidered butterflies better.


Wishing each and everyone of my post viewers a very good and blessed week ahead.

14 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Great Blues my friend...love the scraf tho...May you have a great week my friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

CailinMarie said...

The dresser scarf is so pretty! It reminds me of things we found in my great uncle's attic - lots of beautiful hand work.

Barnyard Country Gifts said...

Love the blue embroidered butterflies.
Have a nice day, Annemieke

SmilingSally said...

I like the jewelry box you have hanging in your bedroom. It looks like a stained glass window. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Knitty said...

Both are lovely, but oooh, that dresser scarf! That takes me back and butterflies make me think of my mom. :)

Janie said...

The box looks great on the wall! And I love the dresser scarf. My mother and grandmother had some beautiful lacy ones, but as far as I know, they can't be found in stores anymore.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Such lovely embroidery in that dresser scarf! Love those blue butterflies!!!

The box looks good on the wall! How creative!

Miranda said...

Oh, those are so pretty!

Becky K. said...

Oh my word, you and I would be such good friends, I can just tell. I love how you put that box on your wall.

I am honored that you became a follower...the 50th if I were counting...

Have a great day!

Becky K.
Hospitality Lane

aspiritofsimplicity said...

those are so pretty. I think it's a great idea to hang the box on the wall. It looks very nice like that.

Anonymous said...

Such pretty blues, love the dresser scarf!
Happy Blue Monday~~
Lynn♥

annies home said...

love the beautiful handiwork

Regina said...

Beautiful embroidery. Nice blue!

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Oh! The last one is beautiful!!

Moon and Sun in One Photograph