Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Vintage Thingie Thursday


Each Thursday Coloradolady entertains us with a wonderful vintage party.  You are all invited.  It starts at http://coloradolady.blogspot.com


Not sure of the date of this sign, but it has to be back in the 50's at least.  Nothing has been a nickle in a long time. I researched it, but could not find this exact one.
Did you know that during 1932 - 1934 time frame, you could but a Chippendale mahogany sofa for $135.00? However, in those days that was a lot of money.

 

12 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, I definitely remember Betsy Boop!!!!! And I also remember how cheap everything used to be.. But--like you said, we didn't have much money back then --so $135 was ALOT of money!

Hugs,
Betsy

TexWisGirl said...

betty boop. :)

Adam said...

Funny how much inflation is after a century. Though I figure it's not as bad to lose a twenty today as it would have been in 1910.

NanaDiana said...

Love the sign and you are right- $135. was a lot of money for a sofa back then. xo Diana

Anonymous said...

That's a great sign, Betty Boop is so cute!

Coloradolady said...

wish I could buy a couch for that today!! I have seen a couple that price, but they were not desirable!!! cute sign! Happy VTT

Sue McPeak said...

What a fun find, LV. I see Betty Boop posing for Ads of all kinds, but with vintage Coke Signs being one of the most popular collectables out there, this one would be pretty rare. A great share for VTT.

Janice Kay Schaub said...

Interesting love that sign. I look for all sorts of things like that. Its amazing how many old thing look so good in homes today. For me its hanging on to the past and evoking memories of home
Janice

bj said...

OOO, yes...a hundred dollars back then was sooo much money...and it was so hard to come by.

Sarah Coller said...

My Grandpa's wife collects Betty Boop. I always think of her when I see this little lady!

Hope you have a nice weekend!
Blessings,
Sarah

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Boop boop a doop! Very cute post.

Leovi said...

Funny sign that coke!