Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Acts of Kindness Tuesday With MeMe

Acts of Kindness


This is so very true.  It has happened to me  more times than one. Starting back in December, when I was eating out, someone paid for my meal.  I thought they were doing it as a Christmas gesture. However, this continued to happen on several future occasions.  I never once knew who was sharing these acts of kindness.

 Recently experienced this blessing again. Had an early appointment and decided to wait until after the appointment to have breakfast.  A family came in after I did and sat in a booth opposite from me.  It was a couple with a teenage son. After they had been there awhile, the young man spoke to me and said I looked lonely alone. I informed him I had been alone a long time, but I still enjoyed each day and made the best of them.  He thought that was great.  We all proceeded with our meal. When I asked for my check, the waitress said it would be taken care of.  I looked over at the teenager and he was just a grinning.  I asked, "Did you do this?"  "Yes", was his response.  I was touched by all the other times, but this time was different. I knew who it was. We had a very emotional embrace right there in the restaurant.  I told his parents how blessed they were to have a son like this young man.  Not many teenagers would do that.  He had paid with his own money.

If you have not shared an act of kindness, you should.  It is amazing how good it makes you feel to give.


A random act of kindness - No strings attached.




10 comments:

Southhamsdarling said...

What a beautiful post, and I have to admit it brought tears to my eyes. What a lovely young man. Kindness is SO important as we go through life, and I love the quote by Princess Diana. Hope you are keeping well LV.

Jill said...

That boy is being brought up right, what a kind thing to do. Take care!

Adam said...

we often have a section in the city newspaper where people share their stories of it.

TexWisGirl said...

my eyes welled up with tears. thank you for sharing this wonderful, generous-hearted young man.

dana said...

What a wonderful story you shared!!! Yes, we all need to follow that sweet boy's example and show more kindness to our fellow man each day!!!

Dana

Barb said...

Such a good reminder for all of us! A heartwarming story - I'm glad you shared it.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That young man is certainly very special,but then so is the lady who's breakfast he paid for.

Diane said...

What a lovely post! I love to secretly pay for someone else, but usually I am moved to do it for policemen or members of the military. Such a fabulous feeling and we are told to give in secret. I feel almost guilty in how good it makes me feel, since it is supposed to be about the other people!!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Sorry it took me so long to get back...Nothing wrong being kind.

Coffee is on

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

What a lovely post. It gives you hope for the younger generation doesn't it!!! (I'd like to think my grandchildren might do something like that -- they are good kids (and young adults).