Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Vintage Thingie Thursday




Today I am giving Coloradolady the Royal treatment. If you visit http://coloradolady.blogspot.com, you will find many great vintage treats.

I have a complete set of the Flower of the Month Series made in 1970. However, the set originality belonged to my sister.  I bought it for her back then for her birthday.  They recently downsized and got rid of a lot of things.   Since I had bought the set, she felt I should have it back. They sold a lot of things, but she would never have gotten what this set is worth. I will store them for another generation to do as they please with them.






 

6 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful.I used to have a complete set of cups and saucers like that.I can't even remember what I did with them.Sure don't have them anymore.

Ginny Hartzler said...

They are beautiful and you are right. We recently took a lot of really old dishes around to the antique malls, they would not even take them, I think you have to post them on e-bay and you can get their worth there because collectors will buy them.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh those are so pretty! Glad you are keeping them safe, and hopefully the next owner will treasure them, as well. Take care - Dawn

SarahBeth said...

They are beautiful and obviously they mean a lot to you. It's so good that you have the complete set!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

LV,
Be still my heart!! These are drop dead gorgeous!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and for always having such nice things to say!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Annesphamily said...

Oh my goodness LV! These are so gorgeous. I have always wanted a set of these and even the cheap little ones you can find today are not cheap! I know these and they are exceptional! What a gorgeous treasure.
Have a good evening!