Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Lighter Side Tuesday With MeMe

As you have heard all your life, Laughter is Good For the Soul. Regardless of what kind of day you are having, perhaps you can find laughter with a lighter side.

************************************

THE FLORIST

  A man had a friend that was opening a new Hardware Store. He thought it would be nice if he stopped by a florist shop and send him a nice bouquet of flowers for the grand opening.

  He happened to be in the area of the new store on opening day, and stopped by to visit and look at the bouquet.  As he walked around the store looking at the gift cards, he found his flowers, but was shocked to find the ticket with the notation: "May yea Rest In Peace".  Shocked, he went to his other friend, the florist, with hate in his eyes.  The florist told him..."Bill, I am sorry that the cards got messed up, and of course there will be no charge for the bouquet.  But, the bigger problem is, that someplace today, there is a funeral going on, and the switched card in that bouquet says..."Good Luck In Your New Location!!!"

What we become is more important than where we're from.


11 comments:

Unknown said...

LV that was indeed a mood lifter. Thanks for sharing. Hope you are doing well.
QMM

Ann said...

That's a good one LV, so funny. I sent my Mom flowers for Mothers Day one year and ordered them over the phone from a florist in her hometown. They sent her a funeral swag. OH BOY not what I wanted.
Ann

Adam said...

great joke

EG CameraGirl said...

Thanks for these! Now I'm smiling. :)

George said...

Thanks for the smiles. Thanks, too, for the words of wisdom at the end of your post.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Hello, LV! THanks so much for stopping by my 5th Anniversary giveaway! I'm back from vacation and trying to catch up with all of the comments....so this is why I am so late! :0)

I enjoyed all of your funnies today.

Have a blessed week!

Jillian
Bella Rosa ANtiques

Ginny Hartzler said...

Cute joke!!!

farmlady said...

I love this. Very funny and much needed. Thanks.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Cute, LV... Laughter is good for the soul!!!! I loved this cute blog post... I would have loved to have seen someone's eyes when they read the card that said, Good Luck in your New Location.... ha ha ha
Hugs,
Betsy

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Afternoon LV, Well you made my day. I started reading your post, and I thought oh dear, when I read that the flowers had been mixed up by the florist, but when I read the punchline I burst out laughing.... just fabulous. You have a wonderful sense of humour and because of that I have become a new follower, you are absolutely right, it is good to laugh.... it really lifts the spirits.
LV, I would like to invite you to visit me at Ivy, Phyllis and Me! as you will be so very welcome. I hope to see you there.
Best Wishes to you,
Daphne

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

;)))))!