Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Loan from God


We all have a special way to say "I love you" or refresh a memory for this special Sunday, Mother's Day.

In my case, I am giving the good Lord a big "thank you" for loaning me my mother for today.

Thank you God for pretending not to notice that one of your angel's is missing and for guiding her to me. You must know how much I miss her. I have often wondered what special name You had for her. I called her "Mother".

I do not know what I would have done without her all these years. She has loved me without reservation-whether I deserved it or not. Willingly and happily, she fed, clothed, taught, encouraged, inspired me. With her own special brand of gentleness reprimanded me.

When I was confused she set me straight. She knows what matters and what does not. You gave her an endless supply of love. She gives it freely yet never seems to run out. You gave her great patience. She is the best listener I have met. She urges me to carry my own load in life but is always close by if I stumble under the burden.

Although she has taught me to pray, she has never ceased to invoke Your richest blessings upon me. Thank the other angels for filling in for her while she was away. I know it was not easy. Her shoes would be hard to fill.

Dear God, you already know that my Mother's earthly life was filled with stress, pain, and hard, hard work. I know she is enjoying the blessings of her heavenly home. She has to be one of Your greatest miracles, God, and I want to thank You for lending my mother to me today.

21 comments:

bj said...

This is so beautiful, I am squalling my eyes out. I love it...thanks so much for such a sweet and tender tribute to your mom.
Happy Mother's Day to you, LV.
love, bj

Shanae Branham said...

Hi LV,
What a beautiful tribute to mothers. I really enjoyed this!
Happy Mother's day!
Cheers,
Shanae

Southhamsdarling said...

I am sat here with tears in my eyes. That was such an unusual and beautiful tribute to your much-loved and much-missed mum. Beautifully written. Lovely post LV.

Lynn said...

Very nice LV! Wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day:@)

Ever Green Tree said...

Beautiful dedication for the hand that rocks the cradle.... Happy Mothers Day.

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

HAPPY'S MOTHER DAY, dear LV.

That was a beautiful tribute to cherish.

Tracy said...

Wow!
that was beautiful and I truly hope you surround yourself with all those blessed memories of your Mom on this day and truly feel her love as if she was standing before you!
Happy Mother's Day to you!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Beautiful words! Happy Mother's Day to you!!!

Unknown said...

So sweet tribute to your Mom.

happy Mother's Day!
Big Hugs
Charo

Tete said...

Your mother had to be so special for you to have turned out to be so wonderful. I can't wait to meet her someday.
Hope you have a wonderful day and that you can feel her arms around you.
Hugs- Tete

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful words.I think many of us,me included could sign this one from the heart.

Mary said...

Just beautiful, LV.
Hope you have a lovely Mother's Day!
Blessings,
Mary

Slice of Pie said...

Oh, so beautiful! You impress me ... Thanks so much for visiting my site ... because now I've found you. ... I feel like I've made a new, very special, friend. Thanks for sharing.

Vhincci Subia said...

A nice visit again, Happy Mother's Day to you, LV! :)

World of Vhincci
...

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

What a beautiful tribute! Happy Mother's Day :)

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a wonderful, wonderful tribute to your mom! I believe that our moms live in in us, because they shaped us, loved us, and taught us our values. Your mom did a wonderful job.

Unknown said...

I thank you for putting into words such a beautiful tribute. I would like to add my "me too" to those words of love toward my mother. She had a very hard life but taught me to never give up and keep looking ahead. Happy mother's day to you dear LV. Great post.
QMM

farmlady said...

Lovely, LV. Sometimes we forget who we should really thank for the blessings in our lives.
A wonderful Mother is one of the best gifts we can receive in this life.
Happy Mother's Day....

Sweetened by Kagi said...

Hi LV, This is just lovely! Thank you for such a great post!

Unknown said...

My eyes are filled with tears, I love this prayer and dedication. Plus I lve your grandson ..he was riding a long time! bravo. Have a grat week LV! xo Sunny109

Theresa @ Shoestring Elegance said...

Thank you for the Blessing of this story, Meme..I cried beautiful tears of joy, as I have those blessed days with my Grandmother. I bet your Mom and her are friends, I'm sure she's a very busy Angel, as well. I loved this so much that I called my Mom and read it to her over the phone, as I tried to carry my voice steady, which I failed but she was Blessed by it as well. I feel like we are family after this and, of course, we are.
Your Sister in Christ,
Theresa.
PS. I was questioning myself about a blog I had started writing about my Grandmother and cooking with her "even now" and this entry showed up from the Lord as a positive affirmation for me to keep with it. Thank you again, you are an inspiration! Hugs.