Monday, December 20, 2010

Worlds Apart Greetings

I would like to share with you today three different versions of holiday greetings. I find it interesting how many ways there are out there to honor this special day.

My neighbor belongs to a Cherokee tribe out of Oklahoma. Each year their chief rewards them with a special Christmas wish. This is the ornament he sent her this year. It is so different and fascinating to learn the story behind it.



Luksi is the Choctaw word for turtle. I would like to share this Turtle Wisdom.

The seemingly plodding turtle, thriving now, as it as for millions of years,its home integrated within its body, has many lessons to teach us. Among these teachings are: persistence, patience,protection,self-sufficiency,and long-life.



This is a very special designed and handmade greeting I received from one of my blogging friends in Ohio. She is very creative. I was very HAPPY she took the time to make this and share one with me. She leads a very busy lifestyle. Thank you very much for thinking of me. It meant a lot.


This one is another very special greeting I received all the way from Sweden. I was thrilled when it showed up at me mailbox. I am touched that some one from around the world would take the time to send me this special card. You cannot know what a bright spark you added to my life. Thank you very much.


Another of my blogging friends in Sweden really surprised and blessed me. I will do a post just on it later. It deserves its own personal sharing.

11 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Looks like you angels all around you.
Blessings,ruth

bj said...

ahhh, this is such an interesting post, LV.
Thanks so much for sharing.

Tete said...

So cool! I had a great aunt and her family that lived on the reservation in OK, too.
My dad is an elder in our tribe and I am a card carrying member- LOL! I love our heritage and beliefs. I have mingled them with my baptist upbringing. Of coursem, my dad always taught me so much as I was growing up and how to behave and treat others and animals and what was sacred.
It's so fun to get greetings in the mail!

farmlady said...

They are all wonderful and personal. Thank you for showing then to us.
Have a wonderful Holiday.

Lynn said...

A lovely variety of greetings! Thanks for sharing and for commenting on my site the other day.

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Wow - how sweet your blog friends are! But then, the nicest people always have the nicest friends! Enjoy all your sweet blessings!

Anonymous said...

Those are all so precious! You are one special lady. I'm so glad I've met you.

Happy Holidays LV. May you have a wonderful time surrounded by your family and friends.

Becky K. said...

You are so loved, LaVoice. I really enjoyed seeing the different Christmas wishes.

Becky K.

Tracy said...

Ahhh, what an informative post. I love the paraphenalia from the Tribe Chief; how unusual and the quote is fabulous!
I also liked that you used my Home State OHIO as part of your blog...there are good people from Ohio :)
Blessings to you and yours LV...

The Old Parsonage said...

Love the handmade card - I have that stamp set too!

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!
Leann

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I loved the cards and the Choctow ornaments and wisdom were so interesting..

Merry Christmas LaVoice! Your blog is a gift to all your readers. Thank you.