Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Versatile


Before I accepted this award, I looked up the word as Webster sees it. "You have the ability to change or fluctuate readily. Also, embrace a variety of subjects." I do believe I am capable of doing these things.

My special new friend, Michelle, at http://afullcottage.blogspot.com honored me with this award. Thank you very much for thinking I was worthy. It was suggested you share seven things about yourself. Here goes, but try to contain yourself.

1. I still mow and do all my yard work.
2. Love to play bingo with other seniors and some not too senior.
3. Rarely ever turn the television on.
4. I love to read. Not as much time for it since started to blog.
5. I have two sisters. I am the oldest.
6. I am not a morning person. I could be a night owl and sleep all day if I let myself.
7. I love bright, warm sunny days. Hate winter. I am a very cold natured person.


I would like to pass this award on to the following bloggers:

1. Karen htp://briarsidelane.blogspot.com
2. Elizabeth http://iheartsunnydays.blogspot.com
3. Lottie http://mybluecottage.blogspot.com
4. Linda http://linda-nightstitcher.blogspot.com
5. Kathryn http://kathryn-papermatter.blogspot.com
6. Valrie http://poemsmyway-valrie.blogspot.com
7. Shirl http://shirlsrosecottage.blogspot.com
8. Sharon http://faithhopecherrytea.blogspot.com

The world of blogging is full of very talented and creative people. Each one deserves an award for excellence on posting. Some do not accept awards. That is fine as it does require a lot of time, but they are still worthy. Blessings to all my blog friends.

19 comments:

Red Nomad OZ said...

Hey LV! Congratulations on your award - it's always a pleasure to visit your blog! And when I read the 7 random things about you, I'm amazed how much we have in common!

Happy travels!!

Marfi-topia said...

Congratulations LV!
It is a well deserved award.

Becky K. said...

Congratulations on this award!

I agree that my reading of books has suffered because of my blog hobby. However, I love to read enough that I still carve out time to do it.

Becky K.

Kelly Mac said...

It couldn't have gone to a sweeter lady! Enjoy your award (and mowing your grass).

Sue McPeak said...

Congrats LV...Yep, I'd say you are a Versatile Lady with mowin' to bloggin' and everything inbetween. Good for YOU! Keep IT ALL UP!

bj said...

G'morning, dear one, congrats on receiving your award. I loved learning a little more about you, too.
Let's see, you were born in 1929, right? Oh, I'd love to hear some of the things you remember from the 30's. I was born oon the last day of 1937, so I don't remember anything until the 40's.
love, bj

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Yea for you!!!
It is hard to find time to read with all these new friends on your blog isn't it? :-) Blogging is good too.

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Congratulations! and it's great getting to know a little more about you!

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

What a lovely surprise to find your visit & chat at FHC this morning! I hopped right over & found your lovely surprise!!
How sweet you are :) CONGRATS on your own award! and then you pass it on ~ what a treasure you are!
May you be entirely blessed whatever you are doing! and carry on with your versatility :))

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

when you're nxt avlbl LV, please stop by for a cup of tea and my response to your lovely award! i'm honoured ~ THANK YOU!

Valrie said...

Meme!~

You are so sweet! I do believe this is my FIRST award!

Thank you so much!

I became a follower today and hope to keep in touch. You are an inspiration to others!

Valrie
http://poemsmyway-valrie.blogspot.com

Michelle@ A Full Cottage said...

Hi LV,
Thanks for stopping by..I showed my mom your blog over the weekend. She thought blogs were only for people in their 20' or
30's. She is only 66 and never realized there was anybody older than her that had a blog. She was very impressed.

I am so glad that I gave you the versatile blogger award, you really deserve it and it was so nice to find out more about you. We have a lot in common ie: mornings.

Have a great day!!

:) Michelle

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Good for you--doing your own yard work... Exercise is so important, and more so as we get older.... You are quite an inspiration to all of us....

Congrats on the award.
Hugs,
Betsy

Heart2Heart said...

LV,

This award truly does speak volumes to your life and your blog. You are very versatile and I love how you are still sharing your life with us each day through your posts.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

George said...

Congratulations on your award. I'm impressed that you are mowing your yard and doing your own yard work. My Dad did all that until he lost his eyesight at age 96.
I must admit that I have doubts about you being cold-natured.

Linda said...

We have a lot in common too! I love to mow the lawn, but I am a morning person!I go to the library once a weeka dn check out a book to read...I love reading and I loved reading your post!

Lola said...

Love all the Red here!And congrats on yr well deserved award!
Happy Rednesday!

Lola & Nora:)
btw Here’s my quick Rednesday link! Do join the fun!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Congratulations on your award (aka blog hug). I love reading more about you.

I love bright, warm sunny days too!!!! And it is said around here, that if I am comfortable...everyone else is probably sweating! haha

Blessings & Aloha!

Shirl said...

Congrats on the award and thank you so much for passing it on to me. How sweet of you! I love all your recent post especially the red one. I love red and would love to join in on that but can't seem to find time to post more than once a week.

Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage