Sunday, July 3, 2016

Fourth of July Blue Monday


We are celebrating two special occasions today, 4th Of July and Blue Monday. If you are not too busy enjoying the day, drop by backyardneighbor.typepad.com

The regular tradition for the 4th is normally a big day for cooking out and

enjoying a cold watermelon.  This one is mine, but have not cut at this time.
This one  from the internet shown being ready to dive in.
All my young days, we had fireworks. I did not care for the fire crackers.  Always enjoyed the roman candles. not sure if they still make them.

May each of you have a most pleasant and safe day. 


 

10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Gorgeous summer holiday pictures today!

Adam said...

Happy 4th

Unknown said...

Same to you LV. Love the eagle picture.

Meggie said...

Thanks for your comment today...and a Happy 4th to you !

Naquillity said...

Happy 4th to you and yours... that cookout looks quite good. and the eagle pic is awesome... have a great night~

Jeanne said...

Hi LV, I am so upset about the Linky mixup. My link did not come up. We have been gone all day and just returned to look at my post. I am so sorry. I have been having trouble with Mr. Linky and I will be checking this out. I should have checked my post this morning. With our daughter here, I was busy and didn't take the time to look.

We had watermelon too. We are too tired to go into town for fireworks. Love the pic you shared.
Happy 4th of July LV. I hope your day is a great celebration. We were at our nephews all day. Lots of fun with family.

Love, Jeanne

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest LV.,
Happy 4th of July to you.
No, I'm not such a barbecue person as that is not our health food... LOVE water melon though. Sending you hugs,
Mariette

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Happy 4th of July, LV! I had seedless watermelon today--delicious!

Edna B said...

Oh my, that food makes me hungry! Looks so yummy! Pogo and I had a nice quiet (sort of) weekend. We even got to do a bit of shopping for stuff for the new porch. It was a nice morning out. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

Annesphamily said...

Hi LV, your watermelon photos look wonderful. It is such a great treat, nice and icy cold. Hope your holiday was safe and wonderful. Have a great week. Thank you for sharing.