Sunday, May 10, 2015

Special Mother's Day/Blue Monday

Blue Monday, http://smilingsally.blogspot.com, today is a little different from my usual.  Trust Sally and all her blue Monday friends had a wonderful Mother's Day. I have never had a bad mother's day, but this one wins the blue ribbon.  My son and daughter-in-law came and took me to a fish place we really enjoy.  That was great, but gift very original and appreciated.

Of all the mother's days in my life, never received this:
I do not cook much anymore, buy my daughter-in-law does and enjoys it.  She prepared these various small portions of food for me.  All frozen, ready to heat and eat.
To top it off, these are cupcakes I dearly love. Prepared six individually packaged for dessert. I never in my wildest dream would image ever getting anything such as this.  It certainly meant a lot to me that she spent so much time and work. Better than a store bought gift.  Anything someone takes the time to personally make, means so much more.


The closing of a perfect mother's day, was time spent with my great grandson, Layton.

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the picture of you and Layton! Wow, she went all out. Gave you so much more than just going to the store and buying something. Days and days worth of homemade meals and desserts, such a wonderful gift!

Maria said...

Those are excellent and yummy gifts! Belated happy mother's day LV!

Gemma Wiseman said...

What a thoughtful gift. That must be so creative and so appreciated. I would love it as I really don't like to cook anymore.

Latane Barton said...

That is my kind of gift as well. I think as we get older, no wait a minute, I meant get better, we appreciate more simple things of life. It's not all about stuff!!

SmilingSally said...

Hi La Voice,

Yep, you hit the vein of gold when you got that daughter-in-law. What a gem she is!

And a visit from Layton too? Wow, you were living high! Isn’t it fun finding blues to share? Thanks for playing today.

Happy Blue Monday!

Ann said...

That is one SPECIAL daughter-in-law, probably the most thoughtful gift I can remember anyone doing. Layton is getting so tall and really handsome.
Ann

TexWisGirl said...

truly a most thoughtful gift! wonderful!

bj said...

Layton is growing sooo fast and is so handsome. You look marvelous, LV.
What a beautiful gift your DIL gave to you...just the BEST.

Adam said...

Sounds like a good mother's day, both my mother and my mother-in-law had to work yesterday.

Jeanne said...

Happy Mother's Day the day after LV. Your dinner out and the best gift ever is awesome. You are loved very much for sure. Your handsome great grandson photo you shared is so cute of you both. What a wonderful thoughtful Mother's Day for you.

Love,
Jeanne

Leovi said...

Yes, delicious gift of good food, like me a lot, nice picture!

GranthamLynn said...

Oh how fabulous. That cracked me up. Very different Blue post. But what a wonderful present. I still cook but I sure would like some of those!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

LV,
Love the photo of you and Layton!! Glad you had a great mother's Day!! I would love someone to gift ready made meals to me!! Wonderful!!
Thanks so much for visiting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Chaya said...

I am glad, I found your blog. Love reading from other grandmothers. I have to come back and read some of your sharing.

Your gift was a wonderful one to receive. What a treat, to open the freezer door and find something delicious and homemade waiting. Do enjoy.

Twilight Man said...

I could imagine how pleased you were for receiving all these yummy food. You are so well loved by your children and all who know you.