Sunday, May 17, 2015

Security Check/Blue Monday

Trust today is a good Blue Monday for everyone.  Sally would be very pleased if you dropped by and left a comment at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com

As most of you know that follow my blog, I  recently flew to visit my sister in Mississippi for a few days. I always allow myself plenty time as you never know what might cause a delay. Also, depending on the time of day, the security lines can be very long.  No problem getting through security on leaving. I know their rules and abide by them. Certain ages, including myself, do not even have to remove shoes and coat.

On my return flight, things were a little different.  My sister took me to the airport in plenty of time so I would not have to rush. Everything went fine, until I got to this point of security.
I do not like this type security check, but it was the one in use that day. The security person detected a problem and sent me back through.  I had to go back several more times, even tho the security and myself could see nothing suspicious on viewing.  They finally decided it had to be the blouse I had on.  It had little gold like thread running through it.  They concluded the thread must have some metallic in it and let me pass.

After going through all that, my bag was not there.  I knew there had been plenty time for it to come through with me trying to get clearance. The security that had detained me said it had been pulled off by security and advised me where to go.  By this time, I was really freaking out. At my designated spot, finally a security person showed up with my bag. Of course, it was searched thoroughly.  As I have stated, I am aware of what you can carry(such as liquids) and what not.  At no time, did it register with me, I had a forbidden object in m bag.
Security pulled this out and said, "what is this"? I told her jelly that lady had given me. Now jelly is jelled not a liquid. That made no difference, they took it away from me. After that, I was allowed to go on through.  Had no time to waste after that ordeal.
This is the type security booth I prefer to be checked.  However, we do not get our choice.  These security photos are from the internet.  Made sure they were wearing blue.

To finish this story, I did not have the heart to tell the lady they took my jelly away from me. However, my sister loves to talk and she explained what happened to her.

My trip was back in mid April.  To my surprise this past week, I received this package.
Instead of one, this dear lady had sent me three little jars.  What a surprise that was.  I love anything homemade and was thrilled to get it.

How nice it is when bad things turn out for the better.  Three for one.







22 comments:

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

I haven't flown in over 15 years it sounds like it can be a bit of a hassle. Glad everything finally resolved itself.
Have a wonderful week.
Denise

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh, how nervous and frustrated you must have been! I am so glad it turned out well for you. Seems they check all the innocent people, and the dangerous ones get away!!

Anni said...

Oh I'm so glad it all worked out well, but I can surely understand your frustration! Thank you for a great story!

My Mum once had to leave a bottle of fresh juice at the counter (even before security check) and when she did she told the person who took it to drink it herself, as it was such a lovley juice.

Gayle said...

All that fussing can be disconcerting. Glad its all over with and you still have some jelly to enjoy.
The RG has metal in his hip so we always know what's coming but in the shuffle his cell phone got left behind.

NanaDiana said...

OH- I hate those security checks. How awful that they made you go through that thing so many times. Just crazy! I do not like flying at all.
My husband used to go in and out of factories and there were chemicals used there that "attached" to his briefcase. Those chemicals were things that COULD BE used in bomb making (but we certainly were not dong that)..so we are on the "high risk" flight list and get fully searched every time we fly anywhere...no wonder I like to drive.
How wonderful that you got THREE jars to replace the one! That works!!! xo Diana

TexWisGirl said...

oh, how very sweet of her! what a wonderful person!

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh my goodness! I never would have suspected jelly was forbidden!

George said...

Your adventure is a perfect explanation of why I do not like to fly if I can avoid it. I'm glad you wee able to get some jelly after the jar in your bag was confiscated.

SmilingSally said...

Hi La Voice,

Ooo, my blood pressure would have been sky high if I went through this. What a shame that such measures are necessary. At the same time, you were shown remarkable sweetness.Thanks for playing today.

Have a Beautiful Blue Monday!

Chaya said...

Traveling these days is certainly not hassle free. It makes flying less than enjoyable but as long as it gets us where we want to go, it is just fine for me.

Hootin Anni said...

What a perfect ending to such an ordeal!!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

What a story LV -- and told so well. Eeks -- we'll be flying early in July; I will try to remember not to pack any jelly ;>). And not wear a metallic blouse. Gosh, I can imagine you were a nervous wreck.

But what a wonderful end to the whole story.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

So glad you got your jelly back in a roundabout way!

GranthamLynn said...

Oh how sweet. What a great story. Sorry you went through all that.
I used to carry wire cutters in my purse because we leased land the horses were on.
I always had to make sure to take them out when I went to the airport!
Thanks for sharing and visiting me.
Have a good week.

Adam said...

it's a bit silly of the things they don't allow.

bj said...

awww, so sorry you had this problem but I suppose they have to do it.
I think we all have to be checked.
Once, I was going on a cruise and bought a large bottle of something or other for my hair....I hadn't flown in years and didn't know the rules..they took my $40 hair stuff away from me...I nearly fainted. I said well, you have to pay me 'cause I'm pretty sure you will just give it to your wife...but, of course, I was kidding. I'm very glad they check everything. Again, sorry you had to go thru all that...I hate flying with a passion...
How nice to get the jelly...she must be a really nice friend.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Enjoy that jelly,because it took a lot of effort for you to have it.

Jeanne said...

Oh my word LV, what an ordeal. I can't believe they took your jelly away. Flying now can be a real trauma. I can't get through because of my knee replacements. They have do do a full body search. Yikes. So annoying. I guess on the other hand we do need to be concerned about terrorists. A two sided sword. I have never loved flying.

An interesting story and great photos. Good job.
Love, Jeanne

Leovi said...

Uncomfortable but necessary security measures!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Traveling can be an ordeal, but your story had a happy ending with the three jars of jam!!

Anne Seltmann said...

Hi!
It is certainly annoying when you have to let these security measures go through. But it only serves the security. Too much happens in this world.
I'm glad you're finally has come to the yummy stuff!

A nice day
wishes

Anne

Twilight Man said...

What a cute post with a happy ending after all the security ordeal. You got 3 jars! Lucky girl.

Like you, I do hate all the securities at the airports and subways of certain countries like China where I often took vacations. They believe in better be safe than sorry after seeing so many senseless terrorism attacks.