Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Vintage Thingie Thursday

Starting my first 2014 Vintage Thingie Thursday with a clean (slate) shave. Thank you Coloradolay for another great year of vintage goodies.  Now it is time to check out what 2014 has to offer at
http://coloradolady.blogspot.com

Three very vintage safety razors. These all belonged to my late husband.
Needs a good cleaning.  It is a 1940 "fat boy" double edge razor.
1957 vintage Gillette double edge safety razor.

This one is 1969 Black Beauty.
Thanks to everyone that has visited my blog and left comments during 2013.  They were truly appreciated.  Blessings to all.

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

my father had one like those. :)

Mevely317 said...

Mine, too! (His was the one in the middle.)
As I little girl, I so enjoyed watching him shave. What a process!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Happy New Year LV! Your hubby's razors support the adage, "they don't make 'em like they used to". Very cool! Great that you kept them so long, and perfect for VTT.

NanaDiana said...

I remember those! My Dad had a couple of them. Great old collection! Happy New Year to you, too! xo Diana

Adam said...

One thing I don't miss is the old style razors for shaving. While it doesn't get as close of a shave, I love my electric razor, much easier and painless.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Happy New Year LV. I appreciated every time you visited and left a comment in 2013. You are so very kind.
Joy

Anonymous said...

I love the look of those old razors, so great that you've kept them. Happy New Year!

DearHelenHartman said...

Saw an ad on TV last night for a new brand of razor like this! Everything old is new again.

Beverly said...

Ah, these made me smile. I like that you saved these. I remember similar ones belonging to my father and my grandfathers. In fact, my husband had one very similar when we first married, but now he use the disposables.

Hootin Anni said...

This is gonna age me...I remember these from long ago. [and ps...you don't have to worry about Internet Explorer and comments received...you have your comments set to come in on another pop up window. It's just the embedded form that has the problem]

Coloradolady said...

What a great thing to have kept!! Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday

Annesphamily said...

Gosh those razors are wonderful! You are a beautiful and blessed woman who is well loved.