Sunday, January 12, 2014

Blue Monday

Smiling Sally

Nice to be on Blue Monday after an absolutely gorgeous, warm weekend.  Just about the most perfect days we have seen in a long time. Trust where ever you are, it is nice as well.  However, there are plenty pretty blues to be found at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com.

I have two sisters.  We are totally different in most all aspects. I am the older of the three.  My middle sister loves buying fun (that is what she calls them) gifts. She lives out of town and sends my younger sister and I the same things every Christmas. These are two out of three magnetic, plastic butterflies she sent. Since they required metal, I put two on my refrigerator and one on the oven door. The blue one above is on the oven door. 
I have a small refrigerator and this one covered almost the entire side. Well, it stayed there for a few days, and I decided it needed more room and fresh air.
  Since I have metal garage doors, this is where it now resides.The third one she sent, did not have any blues to share.



16 comments:

Maria said...

Hi LV, very colorful butterflies you have there! It seems that they will be flying around your place every now and then :)

It's my first comment on your blog for 2014, let me also wish you and your family a prosperous, healthy, and happy 2014!

Happy Blue Monday!

Sally said...

Morning La Voice,

It's hard to figure out where a new item should go--especially a large one. You made some smart choice. I think I'd have chosen to let the butterfly "fly."


Happy Blue Monday!

Little Wandering Wren said...

Just flying through to admire your butterflies - what a nice sister you have!
Happy Blue Monday
Wren x

TexWisGirl said...

they are HUGE! :)

Adam said...

the magnets remind of the magnetic bumper stick I had gotten. Found out that my car bumper is made of plastic or something so it doesn't stick. I had to put it on the top of my trunk.

Ann said...

I'm the oldest of my three sisters and we all have such fun exchanging gifts too. You chose a good spot for the large butterfly. Glad you are having nice weather.
ann

My name is Riet said...

Those are lovely LV. I love that clear blue in it
Happy blue Monday

Karen said...

They are pretty, and I love that you put the big one on your garage door.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh,I think it looks marvellous on the garage door.

Leovi said...

Very funny, I like those butterflies! Excellent photos!

Anonymous said...

I can see your sister has an unusual fun side -these butterflies are so big:)

bj said...

hahhaa....what LARGE butterflies. Such a pretty blue. You took good photos.
xoxo bj

joyh82 said...

Wow those magnets are huge! Have a great week :)

Hannah said...

Your garage door seems like an excellent place for such a large butterfly. I like the smaller blue one.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh good, I'm glad it warmed up for you. Here too, tho supposed to rain tomorrow.

Rajesh said...

Very beautiful.