Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Vintage Thingie Thursday


Today is bingo Vintage Thingie Thursday with Coloradolady.  Many great vintage things can be found when you drop by http://coloradolady.blogspot.com


These vintage cards were the only way we knew how to pay bingo.  There were times we had to use corn kernel as our markers. Some used markers like these red ones. We never had this type.

Times have really changed.  Most all the bingo places have computers such as this one.  Some are different though.  It is not nearly as much fun as playing the old way.



You still have a choice of playing the computer or papers.

If you play the papers, you must use a dabber like these to mark your numbers.


However, there are still more changes.

Seniors playing this way, mark their aches and pains.
I rarely ever buy things when at antique malls as I have more"stuff" than I need now.  The lady with me on this outing did buy it to share with others,



 

10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I used to play the old way! The senior bingo is so funny! Are you relate to Colorado Lady in some way, can I ask your connection? At first I had thought it was your other blog.

Adam said...

we played the classic way in school

Jill said...

Memories, I used to go to bingo with my grandmother, it was such fun!

Unknown said...

Oh LV, That last game is a hoot. I love bingo..the old fashioned way.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Our kids and I loved playing Bingo whenever we visited my parents on vacation. We would make it a point to go with my mom to the local VFW Bingo nights. I have never seen Bingo on computers as an option! Wow!

I love the Over the Hill bingo cards :o) How fun!

Blessings & Aloha!

Jan n Jer said...

Bingo is always a fun game...I love that senior one...someone has a very good sense of humor!

Unknown said...

LV and there are a few others that are bigger! You'd love the place But you have all those huge outdoor antique places in TX I'd love to go there with you.,

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a great post! I love bingo and your vintage items are great. Bingo is big in the UK with a whole "bingo lingo"...developed over a century ago with phrases for the numbers which are very funny.
Ruth

jeanne, backyard neighbor said...

This is a fun post LV. I used to belong to a bingo club of 21 women. We had a blast. We played at a different home each week. We owned the tables and chairs needed and passed them to the next person each week who was the hostess. You just reminded me of this and the great fun and friendships we made.

Happy weekend LV.
Love, Jeanne

Leovi said...

I wish you luck in bingo!