Friday, March 15, 2013

St. Patrick's Pink Saturday

 
Our hostess, Beverly, suggested we share a St. Patrick theme today.  I have very little around my place that qualifies.  No doubt if you drop by http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog the participates will have many of their own greens to show off.


This pretty images from the internet.
This Gold Leaf, four leaf clover, is the closest thing I have that might apply to St Patrick's day. I bought this for a special couple I knew several years ago for their Golden Wedding anniversary. On the back of the leaf is: "One leaf is for HOPE, and One is for FAITH, and One is for LOVE, you know, and God put another in for LUCK". Both of them passed away in the last couple of years.  When the family had an estate sale, they gave it back to me. This picture does not do it justice.  It is a very pretty, bright brass finish.
Another pretty internet image.




13 comments:

The French Hutch said...

Hi LV, What a lovely gift given to your friends. The photo shows just how lovely! I'm sure you remember them each time you look at the gift, and how thoughtful of the family to return it to you! HPS.....and
Happy St. Patrick's Day.

~Emily
The French Hutch

RachelD said...

What a lovely remembrance from you to them and then back to you---full circle.

It's beautiful and I know it was one of their treasures for all the time they enjoyed it.

Luck and Love and all other good things to you, Sweetpea!

rachel

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a really special gift the leaf is!!!!!!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh wow sweet LV, this is a lovely story on how you received this wonderful gift and later you got it back..more memories to have even! Happy St. Patrick's weekend to you and yours.
FABBY

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Happy St Pats day LV!

Clara said...

I love your Shamrock plant. It has both pink and green.
~Clara

Lisa said...

Such a sweet tale! Hope you have a happy St. Patrick's day! Hugs from the enchanted oven.
Lisa

Glenda said...

How wonderful that you got this back! I'm sure you think of them each time you hold it.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Happy St. Patrick's celebration Ms. LV, take care.

Anonymous said...

What a great piece to remember them by! :) I have a few things of my grandmother's that I got back after she passed, as well. It makes me smile to see them and remember her.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful gold leaf... beautiful saying, one to treasure always.

Happy Pink and Happy Green for St. Patricks Day!

~Debbie

RobinfromCA said...

Such a beautiful gift to give to your friends and what a thoughtful family to return it to you so you can have the memories. I think this is a lovely St. Patrick's Day share!
Robin

Regina said...

Happy Pink!
Enjoy St. Patrick's Day.

xo