Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday With MeMe


Senior Moments

Create in me a happy heart,
preserve my memory safe and sound.
May all my aches and pains be little ones,
and let the things I lose be found.
Send me, I pray, my daily smiles,
a serving of prunes and bran.
Help me accept my graying hair,
and keep the most of it I can.
Remind me to forgive myself
when senior moments come along.
Provide a time for exercise so
these old bones stay fit and strong.
Lord, keep my attitude upbeat and
free from worry, cares, and fears.
Each day, help me appreciate the
gift and goodness of my years.
Amen




14 comments:

marilyn said...

I love this. You are so sweet. Thank you.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

LV,
What a great post!! Thanks so much for always stopping by and having such nice things to say!

Hugs,
Deb

Southhamsdarling said...

What a lovely little prayer today! Hope all is well with you.

It's Just Dottie said...

Just beautiful. When I grow up I want to be just like you, my friend!
Dottie

Sew Inspired said...

Thanks for the lovely post LV. It had perfect timing for me. Love it. Keep inspiring.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful poem... Almost made me cry. Seeing my father-in-law continue to live with no quality of life much at all just hurts so much. I don't pray for Dad to die --but I do pray that God take care of him.... Being 100 is HARD....

Hugs,
Betsy

Stephanie said...

Beautiful prayer, sweet LV!

Hugs,
Stephanie

The Old Parsonage said...

Loved it and the rose is stunning!

Leann

George said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful prayer with us.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Well, you are living proof of someone who practice this wonderful prayer each day. Thank you sweet lady for this..I will copy it to remember. Big hugs,
FABBY

nonie everythingsewing said...

Thank you, it was so perfect for today. The rose is so pretty, everything seems better when there is a rose.
nonie

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that poem.Getting older is not for the faint of heart.:)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That says it all LaVoice! I should frame it. Thanks.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Lovely rose!