Tuesday, October 4, 2011

FIRST,FIFTH,FOREVER





Coloradolady is the hostess for this very worthy project. So many seniors are neglected. I regret more people are not involved in this First, Fifth, Forever program. Trust me, it does make a difference. I received this note from one of the recipients of my card.







"One Fine Blessing" truly touched the life of Mary E. Stone whose birthday was submitted for September. She turned 88. She is in a home and has to use a walker. She has very little means for personal items. She had no idea what was happening when she started receiving cards with money from strangers. I tried to explain it, but not sure she ever really understood. Nevertheless, she was very happy and pleased that their were people out there that still cared. She wanted to personally thank each of you, but I suggested she save the money for her own needs. She truly was blessed and thanks each of you very much.

Even at 88, she still has a lot of pride. Each night, she lays out her entire wardrobe for the next day. Right down to the costume jewelery. She keeps her hair groomed and puts on some makeup. No one hardly sees her except the other folks that live there. It is still important to her, even if she never left her room. They have a van that will take them out for certain needs. She took part of her senior card money and had a treat of ice cream. Then she bought her some underwear that she needed.

On her behalf, I would like to personally thank each of you for being so kind and generous to this dear lady. You truly made a difference in her little world.

12 comments:

urban muser said...

Mary sounds like a lovely woman. I love that she lays out her clothes every night.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I don't know if it is the nurse in me or what...but i love spending time and listening to the older generation. So much to offer, sounds like Mary is one of them. Bless you for making her day.

Ginny Hartzler said...

She is a very special lady if she dresses up every day, and I think that just helps you feel better all over. It can be quite debilitating to wear a housecoat all the time.

Caroline said...

She is truly a lady!!! What a great thing y'all have goin'!

bj said...

Bless her heart...and bless everyone for this kindness.
xoxo bj

George said...

Thank you so much for this ministry to our senior citizens.

Tete said...

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful lady and at 88, still concerned about her image and taking the time to lay out her wardrobe, well that certainly means she still has spunk.
Hope she enjoyed her ice cream and her new granny panties.
LV, you are such a blessing to so many. Hugs- Tete

DearHelenHartman said...

What a lovely cause. I am a former geriatric social worker. We never outgrow our longing for someone to care about us. Love is the best medicine.

Under Her Wings said...

Mary reminds me of my mamma. Until she died at 93 she was determined to look good. She used to say, "You have to suffer a little if you want to be beautiful." I would say, "If I have to suffer, then I don't want to be beautiful." But you change your mind when you get older and really have to work at it!

I visited an elderly friend this morning, and she begged me to come back and have coffee with her another day. People of every age need people.

LV, as my favorite 82 year old blogger in the whole world, you put up an outstanding post (again) today. You are so appreciated!

Beverly said...

LaVoice you are one of God's special gifts to the world. I am proud that you are my friend.♥

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Maude Lynn said...

Thank you, thank you for sharing this. It brought tears to my eyes.

Annesphamily said...

LV this was so beautiful! You are one amazing lady! Off to visit Suzanne next!