Sunday, October 2, 2011

Blue Monday

Good morning Sally and all the Blue Monday participates. Thank goodness, Sally is slowly getting back into her favorite blog http://smilingsally.blogspot.com.
While I was roaming around the state of Colorado, without any prior knowledge, I was told after arriving, that we were to ride this tram to the top of a mountain. I was not sure about this, as I do not handle heights very well. Since it was enclosed, I agreed to give it a try.
After reaching the top, was advised we were riding this vehicle all the way through the trees to the top of one of the highest mountain there.

It was very cold at this point. I do not like cold weather. When checking out the open air seating, I decided it was not for me. I stuck my neck out and asked the young man driver if I could ride in the cab with him. Beings he was originally from Texas, he graciously agreed.

This is one sight I saw from inside the cab. It was warm in there and the young man said he even had a heater if I needed it. Let me tell you that was one of the dirtiest vehicles I have ever ridden in. I guess when the weather was warmer and dryer, sand was flying. There had to be at least an inch of dirt all inside that cab. I really did not care as long as I was where it was warm. The day we were there, it had apparently rained or snow melted as there was a lot of muddy places on the road up. That is mud splashes on the windshield. After we finally reached the top, I was afraid to get out. Was not sure how that high altitude would affect me. I made it fine, but did not stay out very long. It seemed you could just reach up and touch the clouds.



This is what we looked like after this adventure and below is the sight we saw coming back down the tram.

32 comments:

Debbie's L'Bri said...

I love your new background since I have been hear.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

We found you have to be sure to drink a lot of water when you're in Colorado! It is not only high altitude but also very dry!! It really does feel like you can touch the clouds up there doesn't it?

Ginny Hartzler said...

This looks scary as all get-out to me!!

Susan Freeman said...

It may have been scary and cold, but what a view!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

My name is Riet said...

What beautiful sights LV and very brave to go to the top.
Gappy BM

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very nice photos.

Regards and best wishes

jeanne said...

Good morning LV, Boy, you did have an adventure. I laughed at the dirt on the windshield. It took me a few seconds to figure out what it was. HA!
Loved the photo too. You are brave to take a trip like that. I do not like high places either. I know the ride was worth the beautiful view though. Who are the other two women with you?

We arrived home from our 10 day trip last night. It is so good to be home.

Love, Jeanne

DearHelenHartman said...

The view on the chairlift makes my heart race. Not for me. Happy Blue Monday.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

So glad the driver was a gentleman and let him ride with you!

Ann said...

I really love Colorado and go once a year to see our Son and his family. Going up the mountains dosen't bother me---love the trams. You were so adventurous!! You look so cute in the photo.
Ann

Kim, USA said...

I love love this kind of ride. The view is stunning it's worth the trip right?

Anything Blue

SmilingSally said...

What an adventure! I've been on a trip like that in Sweden. It was cold, but I wasn't scared as it was enclosed; however, Johnny was spooked!


Happy Blue Monday, LaVoice.

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Sounds like a great adventure and that someone's momma raised him right!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Lavoice... That is MY type of trip... I'd be hanging out of the back of that old truck snapping a million pictures... GORGEOUS area... What was your elevation at the top? Looks like you were WAY WAY up there!!!!!

Great picture.. At least you had a warm coat and ear-muffs.
Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

It sounds as if you had quite an adventure. I'm sure we didn't get quite as high as you were on this mountain when we visited Colorado, but the mountains we did visit were awesome.

Dorincard said...

Interesting trip! :)

It's Just Dottie said...

Very good,girl!! You sure do get around.
Smiles, Dottie

Leovi said...

Those are some good photos of beautiful colors, great shots!

Sarah said...

Definitely up in the blues. Beautiful country. ;-)

Ruth Hiebert said...

You are a brave woman. First I have made a decision to not ride those trams again,and second that vehicle looks questionable.I hope you had fun up there. :)

jane said...

What a wonderful experience - well done you - and great pics too - Jane UK

Chubskulit Rose said...

Adorable blues you've got! It's a great adventure I should add.

Family Fun in Bowling Center for BLUE, have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Great blue Monday photos! Especially the bus.

Have a great week :-)

~Ron

Wandering Thought said...

Quite an adventure you had, and wonderful photos!

Visits With Mary said...

Great adventure even tho it was scary and cold...!

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

You are a braver lady than I am! I admire your spunk and your joy of life. Glad you explained about the mud on the windshield because I was wondering what kind of bugs they were! Sounds like a fun trip.-------Shannon

Anonymous said...

What an adventure!!!

Dixie said...

Your photos of the Blue Colorado skies are just beautiful.. and cute story about riding "up-front".

thanks for your comments on my laurndry room redo... my house is old too, and I think my update just woke the old girl up!

have a beautiful autumn week! Dixie

Annesphamily said...

Happy Blue Monday a bit ate! What a great adventure! The Lord provides us with so much natural beauty doesn't He? Love the shots. Hugs Anne

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great adventure!!!! So happy to see you are doing well!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I would love to travel to that part of the country this Fall! I love it! What a difference from where I live in Florida! Great photos! You look happy! ♥

Lesa said...

what a fun adventure! Glad your fingers stayed warm enough to take the lovely blue photos.

Thanks for the visit!