Friday, August 5, 2011

FirstFithForever Day of Re Joyce ing




It is time once again for us to honor the seniors with August birthdays. This is a great program designed to remember those that may not be remembered. Coloradolady is is the hostess for this special event. I will be sending out several cards in August, that do not qualify for this program.




I personally want to thank everyone that participated in the July cards. I really am at a loss of words to describe the excitement and happiness your cards made two seniors. Your response to these two was overwhelming and greatly appreciated. I am sure everyone in this program that has received cards have been made very happy. I am not sure if there will be any to react like these two did.

There were two ladies featured that month with the same first name. The first Joyce Walker's birthday was July 2. At first she was leery, thinking this mail was people starting one of those chain letters that used to be passed around. She was not about to be a part of that. She was totally shocked when she opened and saw what they were. She was ecstatic over getting these cards, especially since they contained a dollar. She thanks each of you that remembered her. Joyce said being 80 turned out to be one of the best and most exciting days ever. She received a total of fourteen cards. Joyce truly appreciated your thoughtfulness, time, and kindness for her special day. She was one happy camper.

The second, Joyce Cooper, birthday was July 18. She is a great human being, fine christian lady, and our neighborhood ambassador. She does so much for others with nothing in return. She is someone that family tends to neglect. She tries to accept that and says "that's just the way it is". The first day she received two cards, she came running over to my house waving them in the air, "look what I got". You would have thought she had won the lottery. She was shocked that total strangers took the time to send her a card much less include a dollar."My own kids don't do that". She got these two cards before her birthday. Up until her birthday on the 18th, every day she watched for the mail to see if she had gotten another. One kind person sent $5 in their card. She would have done a happy dance if she had known how. She stated this was a heavenly birthday on earth. The best she ever had in her 82 years. She very gently bundled them all together and tied a pretty ribbon around them. "I will cherish these forever". There is no way possible for you to understand the impact your thoughtfulness had on this lady.

She received 18 cards.

A Big

from both of us.



Do all the good you can, in all ways you can, for all the people you can, while you can.

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a wonderful thing to do!!

Vhincci Subia said...

Great to visit again LV! I'm so back... :)

World of Vhincci

Mumzie said...

Outstanding! What a wonderful thing to do, wish I had known about it earlier. Mumzie

Unknown said...

I see Sophia's in there!!!!!!!!!! This made our day so much!! I am excited to go visit to get Aug birthdays for her to do. Thanks for posting this LV.

Barbara F. said...

Good people doing good things, God is smiling on you guys. xo,

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing!!! I love how people care!

Missing you and hoping you are doing well. I'm hoping to return to blog land soon! Been busy at work and with other things. xoxox

jeanne said...

Hello LV, I'm home from Canada. We had the best time ever. A week with blogging friends that all just clicked as Blog sisters. Fun, fun. fun. I posted for PS already. Not much, I haven't had time to process all the photos. More later.

This birthday post is so darling LV. I am not sure what it is all about but I do remember a while back when you posted about it. I would love to be a part of such a lovely thing to do. I need info. Smile.

It was very uplifting to read about the joy the cards have brought these ladies. Love the photos too.

It is so nice to visit you today.
Love, Jeanne

Kim, USA said...

Oh that is so sweet and that is the best thing to do. ^_^ I love this idea.

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

This is great and I bet it makes many very happy!
Jil

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

HPS!


Love this work!


Gabriela

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

That's so nice, and receiving thing in the mail is twice as much fun.

Beth said...

How kind, and how a little thing can make such a difference! Love this. Bless all who participated.
Hugs, Beth