Monday, July 4, 2011

FIRST,FIFTH,FOREVER SENIORS




It is that time of the month again when we remember seniors having birthday's with a dollar. I have two very special ladies I am honoring this month. As you can see, Coloradolady is the hostess for this special day.






This is such a great thing for seniors. I regret more are not participating in this FFF program. Until you are a senior, you cannot imagine how just a simple card can put a bright spot in their day. It is so simple. Just send Coloradolady in advance the name, address and birthday of the seniors you know. She will publish them in time for all of us to send cards. In fact, it would not matter if it was early or late. I have had great response from those in the past. They are appreciated, even if you cannot send a dollar. Just knowing someone is thinking of you is all that matters. The world is full of seniors that days go by with no phone calls, nothing in the mailbox and no one drops by to check on them.


One of the ladies is my sister. She turned 80 on July 2. This is the card I sent her.
The other is my neighbor. She will be 82 on July 18th. She would kill me if she knew I shared this photo. She is very active and would be thrilled to receive a dollar.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a great idea!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great idea, LV... I have not heard of this ---but all of my life, I have always tried to do something a little special for our older folks.... That is just so important.
Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

oh my I am so glad to know of this...how fabulous! Thanks LV for letting me know. Have a great week.

bj said...

Oh, boy...this is a fabulous idea. I have a very good friend that is just recovering from a mild stroke. She doesn't get out a whole lot yet and to receive a few cards in the mail would thrill her to death.
I will send her address to Colorado Lady. Thanks for sharing this with us.
You are such a sweet lady..I love having you for a friend. :)
xo bj

Red Nomad OZ said...

That's such a lovely idea. I'm sure there'll be a special spot in heaven for whoever thought of it!

So what's it worth to you for us NOT to tell your neighbour??!!

DoanLegacy said...

You have two birthdays to celebrate this month, and I wish for them many more years to celebrate!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

What a precious project!!!

~♥~

Anonymous said...

Interesting idea!

Have a nice day:)

Anonymous said...

Popping in to say hello! I've missed your blog while I was away.

Hope you're doing well. Enjoyed catching up with your blog and all of the pictures.

Happy Week!
Danica

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

I love how this is such an easy way to do something thoughtful for someone else. Wonderful!

Carie R said...

This is a Great idea...especially for such a sweet lady! I can remember Joyce when I was little running across the street to play at my Meme's with me! She and her husband, I use to call Cooper were very dear to me! They would always come over to play and loved our family like their own. I do wish Joyce a Wonderful birthday for she now plays with my son who adores her as well! Life is to short and how we do let time go by without loving and checking on those who are dear to us! Happy Birthday Joyce!!

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Happy birthday to your sister, and your neighbor!

Susan said...

What a good thing you are doing. We seniors pick up our mail every day hoping for a little something cheerful.