Monday, July 5, 2010

LOOK FORWARD

All my life I have loved going to the mailbox. Many years ago, I looked forward to walking from our house to the dirt road to get the mail. It was never anything important, but it was something for a young girl to look forward to. I still do that today. My box is an old fashion mailbox on the street where I can walk to get the mail. I can hardly wait for the postman to arrive, regardless of what kind of mail I receive.

He really blessed me recently with an unexpected package. One of my nice blogging friends sent me a wonderful surprise. She is Danica, the "Happy Girl" at http://danicalynn.blogspot.com. She is very talented and designs cards.


This is one of her creation that she used for her message to me.

These are an assortment of cards she surprised me with. I was never so excited when I opened my package. I was very pleased and happy to think someone would take the time to do this for me. Thanks Danica for your kindness and thoughtfulness.

A birthday greeting.

Blank for miscellaneous messages.

A get well greeting.



A blank card for a personal message.

I love these cards very much and will make good us of them. In fact, I feel I own half of the Hallmark stores (they just do not know it). I enjoy receiving and sending cards. There is hardly a day that goes by I do not send someone a card. Danica, you knew the perfect thing to do to make me feel special.

10 comments:

Becky K. said...

How very special! The cards are so very pretty with attention paid to the details.

Becky K.

Keetha Broyles said...

Very cute and sooooo worth a small walk to the mail box!!!

I feel nearly that same way about finding comments on my blog or e-mail in my inbox!!! These days, I don't get so excited about snail mail because MOST of it is bills.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Very nice, LV.... That was so nice of Danica to send you those cards. They are all so pretty!!!

We send alot of cards also --but we finally learned to buy our cards at Dollar General. They are just as nice as Hallmark and even Walmart --but MUCH cheaper.

Congrats again.
Hugs,
Betsy

Olga Poltava said...

I love checking my mail box too. I have many pen pals all over the world, and I receive letters very often.
The cards that Danica sent you are very pretty.

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

You know LV, the more I read your posts' the more I believe you and I are cut from the same cloth! I love walking down my dirt road to go get the mail! And I love when something fun appears!
Hope you had a lovely 4th and have a great week dear friend!
Terry

Petit Eyekiss said...

The postcards are so beautiful! I understand that you love them.
Send me your adress, if you want, and I will send you postcards from Sweden.

kiole@bredband.net

Elisabeth

Coloradolady said...

Beautiful cards!! I know you will enjoy these!

Under Her Wings said...

What a wonderful gift! I know you love it and feel sure that you deserve it. It is such a blessing to go to the mailbox and find something special. Have a very blessed week. Gloria

Oklahoma Granny said...

Danica creates beautiful cards! What a wonderful friend you have.

Anonymous said...

I'm so very happy that you enjoy them!!!! You made me feel so special especially when I was off with my surgery (you sent two cards!), that I felt it was time to return the gesture so you knew how very special I think you are. Enjoy using them! :-)