Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday




I trust you will find time to join me on my world tour to see Coloradolady. Her many friends have so many interesting Vintage Thingies to share. You will surly find something to your liking.




These are the U.N. Children Series figurines. They were made by the England Franklin Mint in 1978. Each one is hand painted porcelain.

These are the children in a group setting.

This little girl is "Sven from Norway". She is 4" tall. She slipped and fell while trying to ski with her mouse.

This is the back side of Sven showing the U. N. stamp.

This little girl is "Yvette from France". She is 6" tall. She is carrying bread in her arms with her little kitten following her very closely.

This little girl is "Diodu from Nigeria". She is 6-1/2" tall. Diodu is dressed in the traditional clothing. She is carrying a frog in her basket balanced on her head.

This is "Juan from Mexico". He is out taking a hike with his chicken tagging along.

This is "Ann from England". Notice the great detailing of her little pig tails to the bunny eating the carrots. She is 6-1/4" tall.

This little fellow is Taro from Japan". He is carrying his knapsack, with a kite wrapped around his feet along with his little dog. He is 6-3/8" tall.

Each figurine's name along with the rest of the Franklin Mint marking is shown on the base of each child.

26 comments:

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

This is my first Colorado Lady Vintage Thursday and I see I'm going to be introduced to alot of great new blogs.
These figurines are gorgeous and I'm glad you made the effort to show us each piece as well.
I'm going to visit again in September with my students.
Evelyn in Montreal

Postcardy said...

Those are cute. My favorite is "Yvette from France" with the kitten and big loaves of bread

★Carol★ said...

I've never seen or heard of these before, but each and every one sure is cute! I especially like the Ann from England, with her bunch of carrots, and Yvette from France with her huge baguettes! Do you have all of the pieces in the set?
Happy VTT!

Unknown said...

These are so cute!
I'm giving away books to 8 winners, so check it out if you like to read!

Lisa said...

Oh, these are wonderful...never saw these before!

Susan said...

Sweet figurines, they are all so cute.

Anonymous said...

Those are very sweet! Kids and their pets - a great combo!

CC said...

Oooooo, these are wonderful.Each is so beautiful,my favorite is Sven from Norway. My husbands grandparents came to America from Norway.. I have to show him this little one. :)
Happy VTT..hope your week is a lovely one.

Sarah said...

I don't believe I have ever seen these before. They are adorable!

Coloradolady said...

Nice post...lovely photos, these little children are so sweet. I'm glad you posted about these today!! Have a great VTT!

Keetha Broyles said...

I've never heard of these, but what a GREAT little idea. I love them.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Oh, what a cute bunch of kids! And each with their little animal sidekick, that is just so cute!!!

Bea said...

These are adorable!

Celeste Maia said...

I have never seen these figurines before. Thank you for showing us each one in detail, they are beautiful. You have such a lovely world.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

ahhhh.. super cute figurines.. love them all.. hard to pick one as fave! never know UN had these figurines.. thanks for sharing & happy VTT

Roslyn said...

Very cute, they kind of remind me of a couple of Hummels I have

Anonymous said...

they are all adorable especially the little girl carrying the breadsticks :)

Ulla said...

This is a very lovely group! My favourite is Sven from Norway - just for your information he is a boy! Looks like my skiing at his age.

Old Time Cindy said...

I never new these cute figurines even existed. Thanks for sharing them!

The Tablescaper said...

Absolutely adorable. I've never seen them before.
-The Tablescaper

Terry said...

Howdy LV
Oh wow how adorable.
Thank you for showing us all the great details.
I have not seen these before.
I am so glad you took all the great photos.
I love kiddos with animals :)
Truly a sweet vintage thingie post.
Blessings to you.
Big Hugs
Happy Trails

Carrie said...

These figurines are so cute and sweet. I had not seen this Franklin series before. Thanks for sharing.

Candace said...

Darling figurines! I love that the little girl was trying to ski with her mouse!
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Oh those are so sweet!

With each introduction, I found myself claiming that one to be my favorite, and the same thing with the next!
They're just so gosh darn cute they're givin me shivers.

SmilingSally said...

Each one of these is more precious than the next!

Cass @ That Old House said...

How cute! I've never seen these little figurines before -- thanks for sharing!
Cass

PS My family is Norwegian, so I enjoyed "Sven from Norway" -- but I suspect you might find that Sven is a little boy, not a little girl -- Sven is a boy's name!