Thursday, January 7, 2016

Good Fences

FIRST INTERESTING NEWS FROM BLOGGER

In 2011, we announced the retirement of Google Friend Connect for all non-Blogger sites. We made an exception for Blogger to give readers an easy way to follow blogs using a variety of accounts. Yet over time, we’ve seen that most people sign into Friend Connect with a Google Account. So, in an effort to streamline, in the next few weeks we’ll be making some changes that will eventually require readers to have a Google Account to sign into Friend Connect and follow blogs.


As part of this plan, starting the week of January 11, we’ll remove the ability for people with Twitter, Yahoo, Orkut or other OpenId providers to sign in to Google Friend Connect and follow blogs. At the same time, we’ll remove non-Google Account profiles so you may see a decrease in your blog follower count.


We encourage you to tell affected readers (perhaps via a blog post), that if they use a non-Google Account to follow your blog, they need to sign up for a Google Account, and re-follow your blog. With a Google Account, they’ll get blogs added to their Reading List, making it easier for them to see the latest posts and activity of the blogs they follow.

Bringing in 2016 Good Fences on a personal note. However, Theresa and her pals will have some great fences to start the year off with at http:run-a-roundranch.blogspot.com
This is the former house that my niece and husband lived in for many years. It has been very emotional move for her. The home filled with way too many memories.

This is the front of their new home.  The white fence is still intact in the front of the house, but the portion surrounding the property has been replace with the following similar type fence.
Property located near a road and they wanted more privacy.




9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

awww. sweet little place she left but i hope they have many happy years in the new home, too.

Breathtaking said...

Two great fences!

Celestina Marie said...

Nice fences LV and best wishes to your niece and hubby in her new home. I too shared the google news today in my fence post. Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

I will share the news but I have to admit I don't understand much of it. For some reason Google just gets me confused. Great fence photos. I bet they learn to love the new home, but I know what it means to leave a home where your children grew up and other memories were made.

21 Wits said...

That is one sweet place! Happiness for a long, long time to come!

Ida said...

Looks like a very nice new home. I like both fences but I must say those tall "privacy" fences tend to block out so much.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest LV,
As for those that wanted to know where you have seen this: http://buzz.blogger.com/2015/12/an-update-on-google-friend-connect.html
Above is the link and anyone can read it.
Hope you too do have a Google account!
Glad I have taken care of that already years ago and one could see it coming as Google owns Blogger.
Oh, moving from any home is emotional I guess. So many memories will stay behind. That is life, we do have to move to the next chapter and often it is a painful move.
Blessings to you and thanks for sharing!
Mariette

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

That last fence sure will give them privacy

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

M oving is always hard. But hopefully they will come to love their new home just as much and make more memories.

I use a Google ID even though I blog on Typepad. I don't follow people because I don't know how. I keep track of my favorites by using Feedly as well as by answer-visits to everybody who comments on my blog. Right now I am terribly behind on visits because of computer problems (I have a new one, with Windows 10 which I'm trying to get used to).