Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Outdoor Wednesday


Outdoors the world over this week has been wild. So thankful it is over and pray those that are suffering from all the devastation find peace and comfort. Looking forward to dropping in on Susan at
http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com and enjoy better sights.


All this water from recent storms. This is the street running in front of my house.  It was much more than  picture reflects.

I have a drain system, but when the rain is so hard and fast, it does not always take care of it.  It came to the back patio door, but did not get in. I had packed around it knowing the floods were coming.


We moved here in 1964.  This is one of the trees in the back yard.  It was considerably smaller back then.  Later, my husband mounted a rack on it to hang the water hose.


Over the years, the tree has eaten the rack.


8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

the tree is cool, overtaking the hose rack. glad the waters did not get in to your place. parts of our county are dealing with floods as the trinity river still flows down to us.

GranthamLynn said...

Goodness wasn't that weather crazy! We had hail here in Keller.
The tree it really cool!

I wanted to invite you. Ask you. To join me in my America The Beautiful/Hometown tour feature.
I want to begin it in February. I'd love posts written about where bloggers live.
Would you join me and write a post about your hometown (our hometown)?
I'll be announcing the feature on New Years Day with a button.
I'd like to include the list of planned features. It'll be ongoing
up to February. Then when you post I'll feature your post on my blog.
I'd love you to join the fun!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest LV,
You are a good sport! First showing the flooding in your street and near the house and than the ingrown hose rack!
Yes, over the years such trees do grow and things vanish.
Hope you stay dry and no damage. Blessings to those that are affected by the harsh weather conditions.
Hugs,
Mariette

Ruth Hiebert said...

I'm happy to hear that you remained safe during this time.Isn't it amazing how the trees grow so fast?

bj said...

You have rain...we have snow....it seemed like it went from shirt-sleeve weather on Christmas Day to BRRRRR over night.
That's funny how the tree ate the rack....
O, and your link at Susan's takes me to a different page....go over and click on your name and see....

Mascha said...

What a luck, that's over now! It must been horrible holidays, I saw the pictures in tv...
Have a good and dryer New Year

Edna B said...

I'm so glad you are all okay. I've been following the devastation on the TV, and my heart goes out to everyone who has been caught up in the horrid storms. My heart breaks for all the animals who were overcome and/or left behind. I pray that it all stops soon.

Pogo and I are wishing you a New Year filled with peace and happiness. Hugs, Edna B.

Adam said...

We had massive rains here today but not quite flood like