Sunday, May 27, 2012

Blue Monday



Let us not forget today is the day to remember those that have served us well and fallen.

I am featuring my great-grandson, Layton, on Blue Monday today.  It and the color blue are his favorites. Smiling Sally is a good sport and lets me show off my favorite things occasionally.

He truly enjoys all sports, especially baseball. If I might brag a bit, he is very good.
Unfortunately, he was ready to catch a ball, it hit the ground and bounced up and hit him in the face. He has had a black eye for several days.  Thank goodness, no permanent damage.  All his class mates thought it was cool him having a shiner. I certainty did not feel that way.

Wonder who this old lady is?
..


13 comments:

bj said...

OOO, I love your little fella...sorry he got hit in the face and sure glad nothing major.
I LOVE your stadium seat....toooo cute.
xoxo bj

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Awl, a bruised face, oh no!

He is a cutie and so is that lady in the red chair!

Ginny Hartzler said...

He is a doll!! But ouch, too bad about the accident. When our son was in Little League, he was always afraid of being hit with the ball.

Donna said...

Cute post, and cute great grand kid.
Happy Memorial Day.
D

Ruth Hiebert said...

You have every right to be proud of him. I love that special chair.

SmilingSally said...

As far as I'm concerned, you could feature Layton every Blue Monday; he's so handsome! I'm so happy that he survived his first (and I hope, last) shiner.

That old lady is a real beauty!

Love that beautiful American blue. I remember.

Happy Blue Monday, La Voice.

Cafe au lait said...

He's handsome!

My Blue Monday.

lina@happy family said...

Adorable and active boy. Glad to know that it wasn't a serious injure. Love your red seat :)

Gypsea Nurse said...

This post ROCKS!!!
Love it!
have a fabulous weekend! What a cutie there!
Smiles~
Cat

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

All part of being a boy I guess. Love your seat of honor in the stands.

Annesphamily said...

Shiners are cool unless you are the mom or meme! I am glad he is ok! What a champ. Love your chair!

J.Rylie.C said...

Layton is cute.


Please come and see my BLUE, thanks!

Layton said...

Thank u Meme for posting me on blue Monday and for being my biggest fan!

I love you the most of all,
Layton