Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday







Susan at http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com has asked us to join her for a big Outdoor Wednesday party. Pull up a chair and view some of the very best outdoor scenes you will find anywhere.




These are large, very, very tall lob lolly pines in my back yard. This picture does not capture their real height. I bought these back in the late 60's from a charity. They were about the size of your little finger. Trust me, they are growing straight up. I never thought I would see them this size. It was my understanding they were not a native tree. Of course, this is the way they look now after the snow storm we had last winter.


These are two views of the pine cones and needles that grow on them and clutter your yard.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEautiful! Happy Wednesday!

iheartsunnydays said...

Gorgeous tall trees LV :) Love the pine cones, do you decorate with them?

Becky K. said...

It is so cool how quickly trees can grow. I love that you planted these as seedlings!

Becky K.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Gorgeous TALL trees, LV.... It's hard to believe that you started them when they were so tiny....

Snow storms and ice storms can cause alot of problems to trees... SAD!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

Beautiful trees!
XO
Frenchy

carolina mts said...

Lovely trees and they have grown!

Sunny said...

Wow, very impressive!
Years ago a new supermarket gave away little pine trees for their grand opening, my dear Mother grew hers into a HUGE tree.
☼ Sunny

Jocelyn said...

WOW, gorgeous trees! Amazing that they have grown so tall.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Oklahoma Granny said...

Lovely tall trees!

Jan n Jer said...

It is fun to plant a seedling and watch it grow from year to year. Looks like they provide nice shade for your yard.

Ann said...

Big, stately trees. Do you any decorating with the pinecones. I can imagine all kinds of possibilities. Happy Outdoor Wed.

ClassyChassy said...

Hi Meme - great pictures. Pines are one of my absolute favorites - the smell of them - nothing like fresh pine! Have a great day!

Ms.Daisy said...

LV,
I have heard of Loblolly Pines but I've never seen any. Thanks for showing them to us today. I love to hear the brush of wind through the pines - very soothing.


~~Jean

Doro said...

The trees are quite tall. I guess after 50 years, you might expect that though. Glad you've gotten to enjoy them through the years.

Atticmag said...

Your cones are lovely. We have old pines but the cones are always dried. I put them in the fireplace during the winter. So appreciate you stopping by. Jane F.