Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Old Fashioned Way

THIS ADVISE COULD BE APPLIED TODAY

If you are going to kill each other, do it outside.  I just finished cleaning.

If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week.

This room of yours looks like a tornado went through it.

Just wait until we get home.

Make sure you wear clean under wear, in case you are in an accident.

Shut that door behind you.  Do you think you were born in a barn?

When you get my age, you will understand. (I still say that)

One day you will have kids, I hope they turn out just like you.

My father taught me LOGIC. Because I said so, that's why.

DID YOU EVER DO THIS?




4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I heard almost all of these growing up...a lot! But strangely, never said any to our son.

Adam said...

Phrases that will be used for a long time.

Edna B said...

oh yes, I heard these many times while growing up. I think they'll be around as long as we are. Have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest LV.,
Oh sure heard those sentences in Dutch and I got raised very strict.
My Parents had to, with seven children.
Nowadays they hardly can discipline ONE child. Well, child... they call it too often sweetie, darling or princess!
That's not the best foundation for the child. Tough love is still the very best as life is not going over roses all the time!!!
Sending you hugs,
Mariette