Friday, March 31, 2017

Anything Goes Pink Saturday

Thankful being able to be a part of Beverly's pink day.  She allows us to share things other than pink.  Mine definitely falls out of pink today.  Please go to http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog
Why does nature wait until after midnight to act up?  It really showed out in my area this week.  I was very fortunate, but some of the neighbors were not. These homes are three houses down from mine on both sides of the street.  Had straight-line winds from 80 to 90 miles with some scattered tornadoes.  Lot of damage, but no injuries to these families. Some of the photos are mine and others my neighbors.





Regardless, there is always a rose at the end of the storm.

9 comments:

Adam said...

That's not good

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wow, scary! We had high winds too with some trees down, but luckily none in my neighborhood.

Sandi said...

Oh no! Thank God no one was injured!

Glad you are OK.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my gosh, how awful! I am so glad you are alright!!! I had seen about this on the news. They said that this kind of straight line winds can be almost as bad as a tornado.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, LV! That is scary. I remember the high winds when Hurricane Sandy hit NJ. It was very frightening.

Dianna said...

I am so sorry to hear of the bad storms...and tornadoes. I'm sorry for the damage, but glad that there were no injuries...and thankful you are safe and were spared damage.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thankfully no lives were lost, but that looks devastating.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

That's horrible! So thankful you were spared and that your neighbors are okay. We had a wind storm here in Upstate NY and the winds were 80 miles an hour, unheard of in these parts! Getting our roof and siding repaired soon from it. It's always something!

NanaDiana said...

OMGOSH!!!! I am so sorry that happened to your neighborhood! I am so glad your home was spared and that there was no loss of life along the way. Those are horrible winds. We get the straight-line winds off the bay sometimes, too. They can cause so much damage.
Hope you have a good weekend in spite of all that. xo Diana