Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Outdoor Wednesday


Finally, a lovely, warmer day to be outdoors.  It may not be that way in your area, but when you stop by http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com you will enjoy the outdoors more.

This plant/vine originally came from Asia.It is called Kudzu. It was brought to the United States in 1876 and thrives more in the South. It will literally cover everything in its path.  People have to work at keeping it under some control. My sister lives in Mississippi and these shots were taken around them. In the South, it has covered over seven million acres.



5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yes, there is Kudzu here too!

Adam said...

I know that very well. Luckily it isn't a huge problem at our house.

Daniela said...

I didn't know Kudzu yet, but I already love it, it looks so vigorous and healthy, probably it grows even faster than Ivy, which adds such a charm to every corner of the garden !

Hope you're enjoying a beautiful day,
I'm sending blessings on the remainder of your week

Xx Dany

NanaDiana said...

I know what a horrible blight kudzu has become on the south. It is so invasive. We don't have it here so I am happy for that. Great pictures though. xo Diana

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is a pretty plant but perhaps not all that desirable, if it is invasive.