Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hugs and Happiness


My blogging friend, Marie at Personalized Sketches and Sentiments, wanted me to have a hug. Since she could not give it to me in person, she presented me with this "Blog Hug" award. We all could use a hug each day. I was pleased she wanted to share it with me. Another thing that makes it special is it was created by her daughter at http://theluckiestmrs.blogspot.com. Each of them represent a different type of blog, but ones you will greatly enjoy. You will be missing a real treat if you do not give them a visit.

As with most awards, there are a few rules they suggest you follow. One was to list ten things that make you happy. I will address the second further down.


These are 10 of many things that make me happy:

1. Good health
2. My great grandson
3. Time with family and friends
4. Yard work and flowers
5. Blogger comments
6. Doing for others
7. No more jury duty
8. Warmth of sunshine
9. Yard work and flowers
10. Getting money back from the IRS

Another suggestion was that we share the "Hug Blog" with ten bloggers that brightened your day. Rules sometimes may not be entirely broken. In my case, I am just going to bend it a little. There are just too many blogging friends that I enjoy to select ten. So in light of that, I recommend all of you reading this add the "Hug Blog" button to your sidebar. That way you will be reminded to give someone a hug every day.

Again, thank you Marie for thinking of me.

7 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I could almost 'ditto' all of your list, LV... We too loved getting money back from the IRS since that is how we bought our new cameras. I love blogging, my grandchildren, yard work and flowers, and the warmth of sunshine.

Speaking of sunshine, we need to go back to Arkansas... We have 2 inches of snow here today and it's still coming down... GADS!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Heart2Heart said...

LV,

What a great opportunity to challenge us each day to provide hugs aplenty to whomever we come across.

Congratulations and well deserved as always.


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

happily retired gal said...

I love all the things on your list and think passing along Hugs and Happiness whenever possible is a wonderful idea. I did this one a while back in a post entitled Beautifiul Bountiful Blessings and did a similar one in today's post (with a different award) at Small Reflections ... prompted by Mama Zen ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

Xavi said...

Thanks LV for stopping in my blog and thanks for your kind remarks, Barcelona is certainly a great place to live and enjoy their beaches.
Have a nice day

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

I love your list of "Happy-ness"... :o)

I havent been able to get much blog reading time and now I am having to get ready for work! But I wanted to let you know that I will be back!

Blessings & Aloha!
( I love to think of all these different awards as "blog hugs" :o) You deserve many, many more :o)

Jess said...

I love this idea. What a great list!

The Little Red Shop said...

Congratulations on your happy award!

: )

Julie M.