Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Vintage Thursday



Welcome to another addition of Vintage Thingies Thursday with Coloradolady. If you enjoy vintage finds, this is the place to be.  If you click her button or go to http://coloradolady.blogspot.com, it will take you to the best vintage show in town.


This is not a clear shot of this silverware.  I could not find a place where the light was right. It looks pretty good in gold.  This is my mother's 1847 Rogers Silverplated service for eight in the Daffodil pattern. This is from the 1950s.



This is the way it actually looks.  This is a snapshot from the internet.








9 comments:

Ann said...

LV - that set is so gorgeous. You are so lucky to own it. Do you ever get it out and use it for special occasions? Have a great Thursday.
Ann

Melissa said...

Wow, what a treasure! It is so pretty LV, your momma had some good taste!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Gorgeous, LV.... I have my mother's silver also.. Don't know the history behind hers though...

Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

Hi LV! What a pretty silver set! How great it holds such wonderful memories.

MommaRock said...

Wow... my sister-in-law got hubby's family silver. I hope she can keep in good shape as you have yours!!
Very cool dear LV!

Anonymous said...

Stopped by to say HI! I miss you!

George said...

The silverware is beautiful, but I think I prefer your photo. It really does look good as goldware.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Those are lovely vintage.

Annesphamily said...

Oh this is so lovely. I was taking photos earlier and had a hard time with the lighting!