Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday Wth MeMe - Church Chuckles

Did Noah Fish

A Sunday school teacher asked, "Johnny, do you think Noah did a lot of fishing when he was on the Ark?" "No," replied Johnny." How could he when he just had two worms.

The Lord Is My Shepherd

A Sunday School teacher decided to have her young class memorize one of the most quoted passages in the Bible - Psalm 23.

She gave the youngsters a month to learn the  chapter.  Little Rick was excited about the  task, but he just couldn't remember the Psalm 23.

After much practice, he could barely get past the first line.  On the day that the kids were scheduled to recite Psalm 23  in front of the congregation, Ricky was so nervous.

When it was his turn, he stepped up to the microphone and said proudly, "The Lord is my Shepherd, and that's is all I need to know."

Unanswered Prayer

The preacher's 5 year-old daughter always noticed that her father always paused and bowed his head for a moment before starting his sermon.

One day, she asked him why.  "Well Honey," he began, proud that his daughter was so observant of his messages.  "I'm asking the Lord to help me preach a good sermon."  The daughter asked, "How come He does not answer it?"




(By Eva Hanson - Senior News)

5 comments:

Teresa said...

This made me laugh.
Thank you LV.
Wishing you a lovely day,
Teresa

Jeanne, backyard neighbor said...

HA!, These are so cute LV. I will share them with my friends if you don't mind. Thank you for the smile this morning.
Love, Jeanne

RachelD said...

AWWW, LV. You know I love the things little kids say.

Our own most memorable family one was my oldest son, way back when he was in kindergarten with two dear older women who taught the children Scripture as they taught their letters.

Tee would be quoting the Christmas Story, and my Mother would ask, "And what was Mary's LAST name?"

And he would always answer, "Broughtforth."

Anonymous said...

Oh, I enjoyed these! I have a 4 yr old great niece who comes up with some pretty cute things, too! Have a good afternoon. Mildred

Annesphamily said...

LV this was so precious! I really liked reading these cute stories! The 23rd Psalm is my favorite. I feel that way too! My folks have the words "The Lord is my shepherd " on their gravestone.