Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Vintage Thingie Thursday - Quilt Blocks


Today on Vintage Thingies Thursday, I am sharing some very vintage quilt blocks..  Just from reading various blogs, I have found I am not the only one that buys things you have absolutely no use for.  These caught my attention as they were so different, and I love anything to do with quilts. I can vision them in the center of a quilt with pretty country fabric as a frame..

If you will drop by http://coloradolady.blogspot.com or click her button, you will find many more interesting vintage  treasures.



My first thought was that whoever did these had to have lived on a farm or in the country.

This could have been their home.
An apple tree from their yard.

A well for their water source.
Loved pets and this was one of them.

Also,  had a kitty.

One of the animals from the stock..

I am not sure why this crossed their thoughts. Perhaps had just always found them fascinating.

This little piggy trying to get over to the other side.

Probably had a fish bowl or a fishing pond.


Another shot of dog and its friend.



10 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thanks for the reminder LV, I went right over an added my post. I see you've done the same as well. Have a great week.
Joy

Jane said...

Those are so interesting! My mother raised chickens when we were little kids and she bleached the feed sacks, then used the fabric to make all kinds of things: dish towels, curtains, and more! Many of my elementary school friends had dresses made from feed sacks but their mothers got the kind with pretty prints. Mine always got Ralston Purina Chicken Chow, which had the "Made at Checkerboard Square" red & white checks instead of the dress prints.That's why she bleached them before using them for sewing. I still have one unbleached bag!
Hope you're enjoying Autumn weather! Jane

Antiques And Teacups said...

How very special! Looks like a chronicle of someone's life. Wonderful! Happy VTT!
Ruth

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

What a unique find....how interesting that someone was making a treasury of their homestead. It would have made a wonderful quilt, and you're so lucky to have found these!
Have a great VTT!

Sue McPeak said...

What a neat quilt find, LV. Someone put alot of work into these blocks. They look like a combination of stitching and crayola. It's a very old technique that I've seen and done before. I love the primitive look they have. Great post for VTT. Thanks for sharing.

DearHelenHartman said...

What a wonderful quilt. Love that doggie and friend.

Melissa said...

These are such a neat find LV! I love the primitive look of them and can imagine a mother and daughter working on them together. Very cool! Have a great day!!!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Your quilt blocks are great...love the piggy and the the cat!!!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

how precious, too bad they never got the quilt finished. Hope they will be treasured by someone.

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

what a neat find! you always find a way to show us something new - even if it is vintage!