Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Laughter Good For The Soul

     Trust everyone is having a good day.  However, if not, perhaps this will put a smile on your face.  My taste in humor many not be the same as yours, but I thought this was hilarious.

While sitting on the side of the highway waiting to watch the speeding drivers, an officer saw a car puttering along at 22 MPH.  He said to himself, "This driver is just as dangerous as a speeder!" So he turned on his lights and pulled the driver over.

Approaching the car, he noticed that there were five elderly ladies, two in the front seat and three in the back, wide eyed and white as a ghosts.  The driver obviously confused, said, "Officer I do not understand, I was not speeding!  What is the problem?

"Ma'am,"The officer replied, "You were not speeding, but you should know that driving slower than the speed limit can also be a danger to other drivers."

"Slower than the speed limit?  No sir, I was doing the speed limit, exactly twenty-two miles an hour!  Just like the sign said," she replied proudly.The officer, trying to contain a chuckle, explained that "22" on the sign was the route number, not the speed limit.

A bit embarrassed, the woman grinned and thanked the officer for pointing out her error.

The officer then said, "But before I let you go, Ma'am, I have to ask, "Is everyone in this car OK?" These women seem very shaken and they have not uttered a single sound this whole time."

"Oh, they will be all right in a few minutes.  We just got off Route 110."



7 comments:

My name is Riet said...

That is great humor LV. Love it.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

That was hilarious... a good laugh! Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. Like this kind of humor.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

that gave me quite a chuckle!!

Sandi said...

;-D

Hehehe!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Good one LV! :)) I had a good laugh.

Adam said...

that was quite the route