Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Blue Monday

Smiling Sally

Nice to be on Blue Monday after an absolutely gorgeous, warm weekend.  Just about the most perfect days we have seen in a long time. Trust where ever you are, it is nice as well.  However, there are plenty pretty blues to be found at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com.

I have two sisters.  We are totally different in most all aspects. I am the older of the three.  My middle sister loves buying fun (that is what she calls them) gifts. She lives out of town and sends my younger sister and I the same things every Christmas. These are two out of three magnetic, plastic butterflies she sent. Since they required metal, I put two on my refrigerator and one on the oven door. The blue one above is on the oven door. 
I have a small refrigerator and this one covered almost the entire side. Well, it stayed there for a few days, and I decided it needed more room and fresh air.
  Since I have metal garage doors, this is where it now resides.The third one she sent, did not have any blues to share.



16 comments:

Maria Kristina Maano said...

Hi LV, very colorful butterflies you have there! It seems that they will be flying around your place every now and then :)

It's my first comment on your blog for 2014, let me also wish you and your family a prosperous, healthy, and happy 2014!

Happy Blue Monday!

Sally said...

Morning La Voice,

It's hard to figure out where a new item should go--especially a large one. You made some smart choice. I think I'd have chosen to let the butterfly "fly."


Happy Blue Monday!

Wandering Wren said...

Just flying through to admire your butterflies - what a nice sister you have!
Happy Blue Monday
Wren x

TexWisGirl said...

they are HUGE! :)

Adam said...

the magnets remind of the magnetic bumper stick I had gotten. Found out that my car bumper is made of plastic or something so it doesn't stick. I had to put it on the top of my trunk.

Ann said...

I'm the oldest of my three sisters and we all have such fun exchanging gifts too. You chose a good spot for the large butterfly. Glad you are having nice weather.
ann

My name is Riet said...

Those are lovely LV. I love that clear blue in it
Happy blue Monday

Karen said...

They are pretty, and I love that you put the big one on your garage door.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Oh,I think it looks marvellous on the garage door.

Leovi said...

Very funny, I like those butterflies! Excellent photos!

jeannettestgermain said...

I can see your sister has an unusual fun side -these butterflies are so big:)

bj said...

hahhaa....what LARGE butterflies. Such a pretty blue. You took good photos.
xoxo bj

Joy H said...

Wow those magnets are huge! Have a great week :)

Hannah said...

Your garage door seems like an excellent place for such a large butterfly. I like the smaller blue one.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh good, I'm glad it warmed up for you. Here too, tho supposed to rain tomorrow.

Rajesh said...

Very beautiful.