Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Vintage Thanksgiving Day


Today is a very special day that we all should reflect on in our personal lives. Stop and think what this day is really all about. So many people have serious issues and the entire world is in a terrible state. With that said, we still are blessed in more ways than we realize. Take time out today,count your blessings and give thanks.
Coloradolady is having a great vintage thingies Thursday showing today. You will be very pleased if you visit http://coloradolady.blogspot.com.


This a vintage Brother Red Tin sewing accessories box. This photo is from the internet.
This is the one I currently have without accessories. My husband used it for storage of small clock parts. I have had many, many years. Now it just sits on a shelf catching dust.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

14 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I am always thankful for your visits and friendship!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Thank you for your visits lovely lady. My blog friends like you are also a blessing I count among my family, my children and grands, my health and the best, my hubby! Have a Happy Blessed Thanksgiving.
FABBY

Mary said...

Thanks so much for dropping by my blog. This is my first time with Vintage Thingie. I love your sewing machine stuff and the cute tin. I love the old stuff. Much better made than the new stuff. I have a friend your age that I have been trying to get a computer to play with. I will tell her about you. You have a great and interesting blog.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Mary

Postcardy said...

I always like old tins. That is the kind of thing I don't mind catching dust, and it can always be used for storing something.

Unknown said...

What a neat little box :)

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and thanks for visiting my blog today!

HaPpY vInTaGe ThInGiE tHuRsDaY!
Sarah

Annesphamily said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! There is much to be grateful for and your sentiments here were well said. I am catching up this week! I hope you stop by. I always enjoy the vintage shares. I am off to see Suzanne. Wish Patsy a beautiful Thanksgiving for me too! Hugs Anne

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, LV..

I'm grateful for your friendship.

Cindy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! I like your red Brother tin, it is wonderful!
Have a beautiful day,
Hugs, Cindy

Cindy Adkins said...

Happy Thanksgiving, LV! I love the vintage Thanksgiving images.
Hugs, Cindy

Rebecca said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Yes we are truly blessed!

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I'm sorry your family had other plans. I hope you enjoy Cracker Barrel. We don't have them here in Canada but I have heard they are a great place to eat and have a wonderful gift shop.

Jill said...

I love the little red sewing box - what a great old container. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting - I've just started following you!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Belated happy Thanksgiving!

Jocelyn said...

I love your little box LV. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving :-) I'm glad you enjoyed the card.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/