Saturday, November 5, 2011

First,Fifth,Forever


I sent all the names submitted for October their cards and money. Until you become a senior and alone, you cannot imagine what just a card will do to brightened up someone's day. If you know someone like this, please let Coloradolady know. The least we can do is send a card.

I am definitely not trying to take anything away from the October birthdays, but wanted to share s little more on one of the September seniors. I received a note from a niece of this lady. I am quoting what she wrote.

"I did go to see Mary Ellon Sunday afternoon. I got her a hamburger from Sonic and took her some things from the Dollar General. I visited with her about 2 hours. She looked good and we talked. She was still talking about all the money she got on her birthday. She couldn't believe it. That really was a nice thing that you had done for her."This photo was taken a few years ago.

One of the October seniors, Hank Walker's Halloween birthday, was rather a scary one. He took very ill on the 26th and is still a long way from being back to normal. He was somewhat better on his birthday and insisted he was able to go out to eat. It was a real effort as he has to use a walker and then a scooter. The people at the restaurant were very helpful in getting him out and back into the truck.

However, the very best part of his birthday was the receiving of 27 birthday cards from all the FFF bloggers. He truly was blessed and touched by each of you thinking of him at a time when he really needed a bright spot. He could not believe so many would send a total stranger money. He received $37.


He thanks each of you from the bottom of his heart for turning a bad day into one of the best.

6 comments:

Coloradolady said...

What a handsome young man!! Hope he is feeling better by now!! Great photos.

Maryellen looks like such a sweet lady....love this one too!!

Annesphamily said...

I was feeling sorry for myself because of this lack of funds situation for Nick and Arizona! Then I saw this! No matter what I count my pennies and include a little cash surprise in my birthday cards since I started this in September. I just feel so good! Thank you for sharing. What a treat for you to visit with Mary Ellen. Hank looks so sweet with all his cards! I really appreciate Suzanne and everyone who participates in this. Love and Hugs Anne

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a GREAT thing to do!!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

What an amazing and beautiful gesture........

Savannah, Chloe, & Tyler said...

This post has truly shown just how there are kind, nurturing and caring people left in this world. What a sweet thing to do. How do you go about getting involved in it?

Beverly said...

LaVoice, I think this is so amazing. Do I need to contact colorado lady to get involved?