Friday, March 12, 2010

Pink Saturday


I do not know what happened to the week, but it is already Pink Saturday. Beverly and her many friends are gathering to show off their pink wares. Take time out and join them at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog.

September of 2002, I had the pleasure of spending time with Coloradolady at her cabin near Hartsel, Colorado. On one of our side trips, we went to Salida, Colorado. It is a neat, great place to visit. In walking the streets, we found this shop. It about blew me away with so many unusual things of beauty. All his work is started with just plain, ordinary light bulbs. The following picture shows the one I bought. Note the touch of pink. Making a choice was not easy as he had thousands to pick from. He will even make personalized one for you. He made one for me to give my son with a golf scene inside the bulb. It turned out great.

To put the final touch on this episode, I have to take you a little further into this story. Michael is the owner of this shop and he is one more character. In fact, the two of us got to going on with each other so, I left my credit card in his shop. Did not discover it till much later in the day miles away from there. I panicked thinking I had lost my card. We called him and he had found it. Back again we go to Salida. Believe me, we drove many a mile out of the way for my card.

I learned two things that day; keep your mind on your business and your hand on your credit card.

My new friend for this week is a nice gentleman. He goes by Matty, "I can See Clearly Now". He has a very nice blog and would enjoy you dropping by for a visit. He and I have one thing in common, we both enjoy books by Nichols Sparks. You can reach him at http://icanseeclearlynow26.blogspot.com.

26 comments:

Ann said...

Love this piece, its really nice and different. My son and his family live about 30 miles from Salida. Love it there. I'm sure they have been to this shop. Maybe me too. Happy Pink Saturday.
Ann

Heart2Heart said...

LV,

I guess it all worked out in the end and you've got a friend as well. I'll keep you in mind if I do any Nicholas Sparks reviews in the future.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Betsy Banks Adams said...

How amazing, LV.... Isn't it wonderful to meet so many creative and talented artisans??? Through blogging, I have found out about so many gifted and creative people. Making things from light bulbs is awesome. Glad you went to that shop---and went home with a true treasure!!!!! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy

Matty said...

LV, thank you for such a nice introduction. I appreciate it.

Artwork from light bulbs, just goes to show that people with a special talent can do wonders with their hands and their imaginations.

Thanks again.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a lovely creation he made! So imaginative.
Debbie

Oklahoma Granny said...

Your balloon is one of the loveliest things I've seen in awhile. Do you know if the creator has a website?

Maggie said...

How lovely and a nice story too!


Happy PS!

In Shoes We Trust,
Maggie Mae
"Do these shoes Match this purse?"

George said...

It's hard to believe that the wonderful piece you showed started out as a light bulb. It's beautiful. I'm glad things turned out alright with your credit card.

Abramyan Avenue said...

What a beautiful and unique idea with the bulbs. It is soooo pretty! I would have never imagined it. Thanks so much for sharing and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. My husband is from Russia and we just got our first Russian grocery store here in San Antonio. It's nice to go pick out foods he grew up with and I've learned to cook. Where about in Texas are you? Have a wonderful weekend!-April

Betzie said...

Love your post and what a gorgeous piece of art!! Thanks for visiting me and hope to see you again! xoxo Betzie

Light and Voices said...

Lovely piece of artwork. Yes, it is worth the drive to get back a credit card. I'll take a look at the blog you suggested. I am a Sparks fan also. Happy St. Patrick's Day.
Joyce M

Maria@ChicaBellaCrafts said...

That's very good advice about keeping you hand on your credit card. I really enjoyed your story, thanks so much for sharing.

Happy Pink Saturday, thanks for stoping by my blog, please stop by any time.

Annesphamily said...

I love Salida! It is a neat town with so many interesting shops and the food is great. The locals are friendly and I love visiting there.

Suzie Button said...

What wonderful unusual artwork you saw there in that shop! you're right though, it's easy to be distracted. My son just yesterday left my banking debit card in the ATM at the grocery store and the machine ATE it by the time he went to retrieve it. Ah, what can you do? Happy Pink Saturday! Suzie

Grace said...

Happy Pink Saturday. Going to try to keep my hands off my credit card! haha Grace

sherri@lavenderfields said...

Wow that light bulb is so unique! I have never seen anything like it! Glad your story had a happy ending although I can imagine how panicked you must have been to be travelling and misplace a charge card! Hope you are enjoying the weekend and have a wonderful Pink Saturday! Sherri : )

Unknown said...

Love your light bulb. The artist has a great imagination. Happy Pink Saturday.

Petunia said...

Hello LV...I love all the intricate detail on your lightbulb. What a lovely find. I'm afraid I've forgotten my credit card at the register more than once too. I get so distracted sometimes just chit-chatting with the cashier! Luckily I've always been able to get it back. Thank you so much for visiting me at Frosted Petunias and making my first Pink Saturday such a lovely one. Have a great weekend!....Anna♥

sarah louise said...

that is an amazing work of art! thanks for sharing that with us, LV. oh -- about leaving your credit card there.... that is definitely something i'd do! all's well that ends well, huh?! (o: am glad you got your pretty lightbulb home in one piece -- i bet he packages them up very carefully. thanks for taking the time to stop my blog today & leaving a comment -- so sweet of you! have a great weekend. (o:

CC said...

>>it's a beautiful piece of art.. oh my!!,he's talented. This is just beautiful. Happy Pink Saturday,have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Wow what a treasure HPS!

Char said...

Very pretty piece LV. I have to say it must have been very worrisome to have lost your credit card, so happy you were able to find it. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Kimberly said...

Very nice piece. It is unique and different. I like unique and different.

I am a new follower too.

Anonymous said...

Excellent advice and lovely piece ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

SmilingSally said...

What an interesting story you told today, LaVoice. Thanks.

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Very nice - Happy late Pink Saturday!