Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Facts of Life & Kreative Blogger Award


I have been blessed with another award from ClassyChassy at http://corgi-express.blogspot.com or known as "Expressly Corgi". Thank you so much for finding my blog worthy of this award.

It was suggested, I share seven unknown facts with my blogging friends. I am a very private person and try to keep my personal life out the spotlight. However, this time I will share a few personal moments.

l. My hair is brown, sprinkled with just a touch here and there of gray. I have never used dyes on my hair and never will. What you see is just plain old me.

2. I have a scar on the top of my head today from a long ago injury. I was probably ten or twelve(cannot remember that far back). I was sitting in the floor trying to learn to sew. My father and some of the neighbors were putting up a new door. They left it propped up unattached. The wind blew the door down on top of my head. Well, I thought that was the end. Back then, doctors were scarce and far between. I was never taken to a doctor. They just poured coal oil on it and bandaged me up. Now, maybe you will understand why I am half crazy.

3. My grandparents dipped snuff. They made it look good, so I took myself a big dip. Once was enough. I even got brave and smoked a grape vine which made my mouth sore. I do not smoke and never have except when I was experimenting.

4. I ran away from school the first day. However, it did not last, as I was marched back the next day.

5. I was born and raised in the country. When I was older, we moved to town for my schooling. I did pretty well for a country girl. I was nominated for football queen(I did not win, but ran a close race), and had the leading lady part in our senior play.

6. I am five foot, five inches tall and weigh 125. Only been hospitalized three times in my life; when my son was born, food poisoning, and gall bladder surgery.

7. I have worked all my life. While growing up, I had to work in the fields picking cotton and hoeing the weeds. While in high school, I worked in an insurance office and a five-dime store. After graduation, I went to work for the telephone company until they closed the local office and you had to transfer out of town. I could not relocate, so I resigned. I went to work for an attorney then. Later, there was an opening in a town closer for an experienced telephone worker. I took the test, passed and was rehired. To make a long story short, I worked for the telephone company for 40 years before I retired as an executive secretary in 1991.

Trust I do not lose some of my followers after these declarations. Now, I want to present the following with this award. I tried to select those that have not been blogging long so we could learn more about them.

1. Judi at http://gmjglovzoff.blogspot.com/

2. Riet at http://rietsphotoblog.blogspot.com/

3. Toby at http://wishiwereaphotographer.blogspot.com/

4. Martha at http://zettsett.blogspot.com/

5. Rob at http://nuttybirder.blogsopt.com/

6. Squirrel at http://squirrelsview.blogspot.com/

7. Hetty at http://hettyscreations.blogspot.com/

The guidelines for accepting this award are:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name seven (7) things about yourself that people may not know.
5. If you wish, pass this award to other Kreative Bloggers.
6. Post links to those you select.
7. Leave them a comment.

12 comments:

My name is Riet said...

Thank you for nominating me for the kreative blogger award. I am really honoured. I will tell my 7 "secrets"later in one of my posts..
Thanks again

Rinkly Rimes said...

You've had an interesting life, no doubt about it.

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to read about you!!!

ClassyChassy said...

You definitely deserved the award I presented you with - how brave you are at your 'ripe young age' to venture out into the blogging community! You are amazing, and I enjoyed reading your 7 secrets!!! You've led an interesting life, and could certainly teach us all a lot!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Congrats for winning the award, LV. I always enjoy reading more about my blogger friends.

So you worked for the telephone company??? Were you ever an 'operator'??? In my small town when I was growing up, our telephone operator would say "Number Please"... They you said the number --such as 213.. She'd connect you. Remember those days???

Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

I certainly enjoyed learning more about you. I would say you have done very well for a 'country girl'.

Coloradolady said...

Well....learn something new everyday!!!! You should write more of these post....love it!

SmilingSally said...

You are an interesting LUCKY lady. (The head scar and the absence of much gray make you lucky.)

hetty said...

Thank you for nominating me for the Kreative Blogger Award. I don't usually accept these awards. I don't have much more to say about myself that people don't already know.
I loved your post though. Very interesting.

Prairiemaid said...

Loved reading through your blog, especially the two entries about your family.

You are a very interesting lady!

I am out SSS hopping this evening and there are so many talented, creative bloggers signed up for SSS.

I am old enough to remember the operators asking for the number, too. I also remember the day the operator called the house and asked my mother if there was anywhere she could put the phone, so my younger sister wouldn't "play" with it!

Mom told Mary *the operator* she had done everything, but hang it from the ceiling. LOL

Hope to visit again!

toby said...

Thanks for nominating me - I'm honored! I'm not sure that I have much interesting to say, but I'll think about it :)

And I think the link that you posted for my blog has a mistake - it needs an "i" in the beginning to work (for *I* wish I were...).

Thanks again!

Martha Z said...

Thank you for the creative blogger award. It deserves some thought as to what I wish to share.