Sunday, October 12, 2014

Blue Monday

Smiling Sally

 A Florida getaway on Blue Monday. I have a weird sense of humor.  What might strike me as funny would not you.  Most likely some of you have read this before.   I can just vision it and laugh every time I read it. To find more entertaining blue post go to http://smilingsally.blogspot.com

A couple decided to go to Florida to thaw out during a  particularly icy winter. They planned to stay at the same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 20 years earlier.

Because of hectic schedules, it was difficult to coordinate their travel  schedules.  So, the husband flew to Florida on Thursday, with his wife flying down the following day.

The husband checked into the hotel.  There was a computer in his room, so he decided to send an email to his wife.  However, he accidentally left out one letter in her email address, and without realizing his error, sent the email.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Houston, a widow had just returned home from her husband's funeral.  He was  a minister who was called home to glory following a hear attack.

The widow decided to check her email expecting messages from relatives and friends.  After reading the first message, she screamed and fainted.

The widow's son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor, and saw the computer which read:

To:  My Loving Wife
Subject:  I've arrived.

I know you are surprised to hear from me.  They have computers here now and you are allowed to send emails to your loved ones.  I've just arrived and have been checked in.

I've seen that everything has been prepared for your arrival  tomorrow.  Looking forward to seeing you then!  Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.

P.S.  Sure is hot down here.



 

18 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I think I read that you were getting a front coming through your area --and that the temps will be better, not so hot...

Cute story--but can you imagine if that really happened... ha ha

Happy Blue Monday.
Hugs,
Betsy

Karen said...

Oh, that story made me chuckle!

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Happy Blue Monday LV :)
lol...that story made me laugh out loud :D Blue Spring hugs from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

SmilingSally said...

Oh La Voice,

I read your joke aloud to Johnny, and he's still laughing! Thanks for making Blue Monday special.

Have a Beautiful Blue Monday!

Ann said...

My hubby and I enjoyed that adorable story. Didn't I read once your hubby was in ministry? Could be thinking of someone else, If so I can see it making you laugh each time you think of it!!!
Sure hope you enjoy your time in Florida.
Ann

bj said...

Cute story, LV....
Did ya'll get rain last night? We got 3 drops...:) not very much at all.

Maria's Space said...

Very cute. Have a great week. Maria’s Space

Ginny Hartzler said...

Hilarious! A great Monday story! It also reminds us that no matter how much we dislike Mondays, at least we are alive to see them!

Edna B said...

Thanks for the morning chuckle. That was an adorable story. Hmmm, I did not realize that Tampa was so famous for sports. Interesting.

Now I'm off to make my Pogo some lunch. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

joyh82 said...

Loved the joke...lol Of course I had to copy it and email it to my hubby! Have a great week LaVoice ;)

Jeanne said...

Hi LV. Your post is so funny. I have not seen that story before. I can't stop laughing. We ARE in Fl right now. My post was very late but I posted it anyway. If you read Sally's comment from me it explains why this is so late. We are enjoying our family here so much.
Happy Blue Monday.
Love, Jeanne

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

How funny! Have a great week!

Leovi said...

I like those blue signs Welcome to Tampa, I precious second!

Anonymous said...

This has tickled us read it to husband he is still laughing.

Adam said...

that's funny

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Ha ha ha! This was funny! Than ks for the good laugh, LV!

moni said...

What a great BlueMondayStory!
I wish you a wonderful week ♥
moni

Anni said...

Oh yes, I've heard that one before. It's good!
Always check your emails or text messages once more before posting them!