Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Church Tuesday With MeMe


This is the home of my "church family".  It is an older church, but the inside is very pretty.  Large, beautiful stained glass windows on both sides of the auditorium.

Sharing some church related remarks on the lighter side.

Mother:  "Quick Henry, call the doctor.  Johnny just swallowed a nickle."

Father:   "I think we ought to send for the minister.  He can get money out of anybody."



Too frequently an anonymous gift to the church is a donation by someone who hopes everyone will find out.


If you want to know the troubles the church is having, ask someone who hasn't been there for months.



8 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I would love to see the windows close up. Our church is round, and very plain, Mennonites do not usually have stained glass windows, but I LOVE them!!

Adam said...

looks similar to a church I drive past on the way to work. Except yours is a little bigger.

TexWisGirl said...

nice church. there's a meme for churches that opens up on saturday evenings if you ever want to link up to it.

www.inspiredsundaymeme.blogspot.com/

EG CameraGirl said...

I like looking at stained glass windows, especially from the inside of the church. :))

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your church looks beautiful from the outside as well.Funny quotes,but all too true.

Meggie said...

Hello LV...thanks for following my blog. Beautiful photo of your church...I love photographing the churches in my area, expecially the historical ones.

Maude Lynn said...

That last one is so true!

The Old Parsonage said...

I love going to church and worshiping with others! We are truly blessed!

Leann