Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Obituary of SOMEONE ELSE


I dare say there are very few of us that has not said, Let Someone Else do it. I am guilty and could have done more when needed. There are excuses we make that are just that - excuses.

SOMEONE ELSE
I know that all of you were saddened to learn this week of the death of "Someone Else".

Someone's passing created a vacancy that will be difficult to fill. Else has been with us for many years, and for every one of those years, Someone did far more than the normal person's share of the work. Whenever something was needed, this wonderful person was looked to for inspiration as well as results. The first name that would come up when help was needed, "let Someone Else do it". It was common knowledge that Someone Else was among the largest giver when called on.

Someone Else was a wonderful person, sometimes appearing super-human, but a person can only do so much. Were the truth known, everyone expected too much of Someone Else. Now Someone Else is gone. We wonder what we are going to do. Someone Else left a wonderful example to follow, but who is going to follow? Who is going to do the things Someone Else did?

Remember, we cannot depend on Someone Else anymore.

17 comments:

highheeledlife said...

true words!!! Happy Tuesday LV..XO

Self Sagacity said...

Yes. I enjoyed that much LV. Speaking words of wisdom is always very moving, that someone else...poor that someone else.

Jan said...

I first saw this some years ago, but it is good to see it again.
Hugs - Jan

Becky K. said...

Oh my. What an interesting perspective. I've always been one to take on too much but lately I have been struggling to say "yes" to anything. I'll have to be careful that I don't go too far in my ability to say "no".

Becky K.

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Very true, and very wise! Thanks for sharing this.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Neat, LV.... That is so true!!!! When I was in churchwork---I counted on lots of volunteers to do all of the work.. WELL--I found out the the old statement is true: "10% of the people do ALL of the work --while 90% count on 'Someone Else' to do it"....

If we ALL did our share, nobody would have to do TOO much...

Thanks for a great post.
Hugs,
Betsy

Angela said...

That is really good and so true! So many people do depend on Someone Else to do it ALL for them.

Have a Great Day!
Angela

Janis said...

Words of truth are spoken. We should all take a little more responsibility.

Sunny said...

How true, LV.
A wonderful post.
☼ Sunny

George said...

What a great post. I can't help but think the world would be so much better if we no longer relied on Someone Else.

Heart2Heart said...

LV,

Beautiful post and a reminder that we may be the person God has called to be that "someone else" in our prayers.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Eileen said...

How very true. A nice reminder.

Dave said...

Well written LV. We all miss opportunities sometimes that we should take to help others. Thanks for your comment on my blog. - Dave

Olive said...

So right, always ask the person who has the most stuff going on and they will get it done. olive♥

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Powerful words.I guess I too have depended on Someone Else to do my work at times.Thanks for this thought provoking post.
Blessings,Ruth

Ms.Daisy said...

LV,
I absolutely loved this...very, very true. I am ashamed to admitt there have been times when...



~Jean

Naomi said...

Hi, Thank you so much for following my blog and visiting. And thank you for the sweet comment. I love you blog.